1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Finals: Dallas Mavericks vs. Miami Heat

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, May 25, 2011.

?

What do you expect to be the result

1. Dallas in 4

6 vote(s)
    1.6%
  2. Dallas in 5

12 vote(s)
    3.2%
  3. Dallas in 6

113 vote(s)
    30.5%
  4. Dallas in 7

43 vote(s)
    11.6%
  5. Miami in 4

10 vote(s)
    2.7%
  6. Miami in 5

40 vote(s)
    10.8%
  7. Miami in 6

115 vote(s)
    31.1%
  8. Miami in 7

31 vote(s)
    8.4%
  1. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Does anyone else feel that is was really stupid for the NBA to NOT put the first game of the finals on the Sunday or Monday of Memorial Day weekend?

I know both series ended 5 games which was much sooner than the NBA expected, but would it have been that hard to move a Tuesday game up 1 day?

2. VanityHalfBlack

Yeah i hate the schedule they got for the NBA Finals.. Freaking Tuesday??? Memorial weekend would've been perfect...

3. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I will totally get on board with the Mavericks if they use the NWO theme to introduce the Miami Heat at Game 3.

<iframe width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Qoxi37vvviQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It's been posted here before, but it's still awesome. We kinda forgot about the whole NWO thing since the start of the season.

4. TexasTofu

TexasTofu Member

I know right, giant spots void tonight

5. solid

solid Contributing Member

I completely agree; too much of a lay off. Let's get this party started!

6. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

LOL thats awesome! It would be genius for them to do that! :grin:

As for the series, I'm thinking it will more than likely be the Heat in 6th, but hoping it goes 7. If the series does goes 7 games, I'd still favor the Heat, but i wouldnt be surprise if the Mavs win.

While I believe it will be a very close series, the Heat are just too talented for the Mavericks. In highly competitive and close mathces with only a tiny gap that separates the winner and loser, that gap is as JVG likes to say, determined by talent. In other words, Talent Wins (achieved talents as opposed to potential or aspiring talents). unless Dirk has 4 -5 outstanding, out of this world, Clutch performances in the Finals, I just dont see how the Mavs can overcome the sheer talents of Lebron, Wade and to an entirely lesser extent Bosh. Furthermore if any one of them, Mike Miller or James Jones or Bibby, is able to consistently knock down the open shot/threes... Dallas has little to no chance.

Dirk vs Lebron

The Heat will guard Dirk with Bosh for the most part, with Haslem and Lebron getting some minutes as well. The key however is Lebron, not only will he cause Dirk problems as a weakside helper, double teamer and roamer, he will also cause Dirk problems when the two are matched up. Lebron wont shut down Dirk like he did Rose, but he will make it difficult for him to receive the ball in the post, at the free throw line and on the wing (inside the 3 pt line). And when Dirk does finally receives the pass, Lebron can and will occasionally bother Dirks' shots as well as do a good job defending the backdown and the drive. Prediction Dirk 28 ppg 48% fg

Mavs D vs Heat

While I do believe Lebron and Wade to be the difference in the series, I have to disagree with those who argue that both will run wild on the Mavs. I'm guessing the Mavs will do a relatively good job defending both, similar to Chicago and the Celtics albeit at a slighly higher % and output, due to an increase in pace. I severely doubt BOTH James and Wade will score at higher than 50% fg as some has stated. The Mavs will defend the Heat like everyone else does, by packing the paint, limiting dribble penetration and forcing isolation and jumpshots. The reason every team does this and does it successfully (success in the since Wade/lebron doesnt score 30 each every time or has 10 dimes each) is because the Heat's offense is one, poorly spaced and two, not very effective at converting three pointers. If neither Bibby or Miller hits their 3's the Heats offense will be bogged down to just James and Wade isos and long jumpers.

Prediction James and Wade's production will only be marginally better than their current playoff avgs.

7. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I believe Dallas will win...They're a veteran group, have great shooters and a better Defense than the 2006 team...Tyson Chandler is a big addition and will be the difference...They need to steal one game in Miami, which I think they will tonight...

I got a ticket for Game 5 and can't wait...another bucket list item crossed off...

8. noize

noize Contributing Member

Heat in 5. I'm betting another $250 on this and hopefully be rich soon.

Berea was the key for Dallas. Knowing how the Heat clamped down on Rose, Berea/Kidd will be non-existent. Dirk will get his point but he won't go off for 30+ again. Easy win for the Heat, anyone who thinks otherwise only wants to believe what they want to believe. End of story...

9. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

So, should I be brave and wear a LeBron or Wade jersey to Game 5, or will I get killed?

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Someone correct me if I'm mistaken, but the NBA Finals dates are pre-determined and have followed the Tue/Thu, Sun/Tue/Thu, Sun/Tue (2-3-2) format for several years. There is a 3-day break after games two and five to allow for travel.

11. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

still they lost a great opp this past holiday weekend ...

12. OkayAyeReloaded

13. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

Had the Bulls won Game 5, the Finals will start on Thursday instead of Tuesday. But I agree, not starting the game in the memorial day weekend is plain stupid for NBA.

14. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

me 2

and i have been away on work.

That Miami comeback in game 5 against Bulls was so amazing... just wow

so my logic was right coming in, but proved wrong

Heat were 1-7 against Boston/Chicago in regular season

and went

8-2 against them in the Postseason.. this usually does not happen like this.

Miami is 0-2 against Dallas in regular season

...... :grin:

15. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Do it! Bring a group though; or you'll get massacred when the Heat win. :grin:

16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Wear an Olajuwon jersey like a true Rockets fan. :p

17. room4rentsf

room4rentsf Contributing Member

cant wait for the game! go mavs!

18. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

I'm taking Mavs in Game 1. I think they'll play with more confidence and poise precisely because they are on the road.

For the rest of the series I'm guessing or more likely hoping -

game 1 - Mavs
    Game 2 - Heat
    Game 3 - Mavs
    Game 4 - Heat
    Game 5 - Mavs
    Game 6 - Heat
    Game 7 - ?????

19. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Last 4-7 games of the season right here.....could be a loong time if the lockout season happens..

20. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Half an hour away. Can't wait!