1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA Finals 2005: Game 7. Who will it be?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by tchou, Jun 22, 2005.

Tags:
  1. tchou

tchou Contributing Member

One game to win it all. Not what will it take, but who will it be? and why?

2. bejezuz

bejezuz Contributing Member

Alright, I'll bite. Pistons take it. Sheed goes off for 30. But don't quote me on this, Clutch :)

3. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Spurs will take it.

4. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

5. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

6. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Spurs. Home court.

7. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

It's pretty much never happened before that a team is down 3-2 and goes to play the final two games in hostile territory and won the title.

With that being said, however, there is just something about this Pistons team that defies the odds, and rises to the challenge whenever they are faced with a "can't do it" attitude from the general public. In that aspect, they remind me so much of the 95 Rockets and the attitude of that team, who continually defied the odds. So they won me over, and I would like nothing more than seeing the Pistons win it in San Antonio and do the impossible. If any team can do it, these feisty Pistons seem to live for a challenge.

So, I am going to say Pistons. And if they do it, then Clutch City can finally bestow the honor of "Never Underestimate the Heart of a Champion" on this Pistons team. They are worthy of it...

8. PieEatinFattie

PieEatinFattie Contributing Member

Pistons, big suprise being I'm from Detroit.

If they do pull it off, not only will it be the first time since I think the 70's that a team has come back from 3-2, and probably longer for a team doing it on the road. It will also be the first time ever that a team has wone 2 game 7's on the road. Pretty amazing stuff.

9. lexled

lexled Contributing Member

Heart of a Champion bro's.

Pistons win another close one, another river is created in San Antonio from all the Spurs tears.

10. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

NEVERRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Toast

Toast Member

Sperms. I thought it'd be Sperms in 6, but I guess it'll be Sperms in 7.

12. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Pistons because the spurs are a bunch of chokers besides Horry.

13. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Pistons.

if you're picking against this pistons bunch...ever...you should stop. i have stopped. the heart of a champion thing absolutely applies to this group. they play tougher backed in a corner. they're cold-blooded.

14. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

I'd like to say that the Spurs will pull it out, now that Ginobili looks like he's recovered from the knee incident in game 1, but Parker is just getting reamed this series. He's been two steps away from pathetic: a 1.0 ast/TO ratio and less than 15 PPG compared to Billups' 4.5 and 21.

Duncan's doing his best to battle through Detroit's frontline D, and Parker's inability to run the offense hasn't helped one bit. I believe that's why Tim's been so run down and worthless late in the games, and if it doesn't change, Detroit just might squeeze that one last magic victory out.

Evan

15. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

Spurs.

Robert Horry gets a 6th championship.

16. ToothYanker

ToothYanker Contributing Member

Pistons. During game 6, it was mentioned that the Spurs had already planned a victory parade for thursday. That pissed the Pistons off. Bad.

17. OddsOn

OddsOn Contributing Member

I think it was the city who planned it but your right I think it didn't sit well with the Pistons.

Pistons get back to back championships again!!!

(God, for the sake of all the children in Texas and the braggin' rights of us Houston Rockets fans, please DO NOT let the Spurs win the championship.....Amen!)

18. fa7999

fa7999 Member

Pistons. They should have already wrapped up the series if not for the heroics of Horry in game 4.

Pistons play tough and with heart, while the Spurs are just a bunch of wussies whose only games are to drive under the basket hoping the refs or the new rules to bail you out.

19. Tom Archer

Tom Archer Contributing Member

"The Big Fundamental" will miss about 10 more FTs and cost his team the series.

20. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

You know what's great for the Pistons? Larry Brown is going to wait until AFTER game SEVEN to interview for the Knicks job. AWESOME!