1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NBA.com] The League's Best 2 Guards

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TesseracT, Dec 3, 2014.

1. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

2. mig0s

mig0s Member

Anyone who did not put Harden first has problems

3. rm365

rm365 Contributing Member

Harden is probably #1.

#2 is debatable. Ellis? Butler? Klay Thompson?

4. smr6

smr6 Member

Jeeze they all just kept ripping Harden on his defense and not one acknowledged his improvement on that end this season. But they just LOVED talking about Butler's improvement offensively.

5. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Meh.

Swoly's people don't watch the NBA though --- Steph Curry and Russel Westbrook?!?

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Every sensible person knows Harden is at the top, but they have to get clicks and they have to provide at least a reason to read the article, so they obviously have to give some differing opinions.

7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

My goodness that was posted this morning!!??!! Harden is willing his team to wins with a pack of Green Apple Now-or-Laters, a couple of YMCA rec all-stars, and some Boy's & Girl's Club towel boys...

mvp! Mvp! MVP!

2 people like this.
  8. clutz

clutz Member

Just another reminder that no one actually watches the Rockets.

9. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

9/16 had Harden at the top. Being a Rockets fan, I don't think it's even an issue. Harden is so far above everyone else that the discussion should only about who's coming in second.

1 person likes this.
  10. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

I am a freshman in college and after reading this writeup I may have to change my major to journalism. NBA.Com seriously will hire anyone....Dude seriously choose Wes Mathews over James Harden...

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

:p

[​IMG]

But really, that video will haunt Harden until he retires [or wins a championship].

Clearly, half of those guys haven't watched the Rockets and/or Harden this year.

12. Zbed

Zbed Member

Wesley Mathews?!? lol

13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

No video in the history of sports has done more to tarnish a players legacy than that video... My goodness! Harden and the Rockets are going bananas and no one cares!

14. The Rock MVP

The Rock MVP Member

I think the question these writers have to ask themselves is that if Houston offered them Harden for Klay Thompson, would they take it?

Every single GM in the league would take it. There is a reason Klay Thompson's name was floating around for Kevin Love

15. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Do they get the NBA in Mexico?

16. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

That honestly read like it was written by a random sampling of RealGM posters.

Klay over Harden is only arguable if you're comparing this year's Klay to last year's Harden (even then, no comparison), which most of them seem to be. This year? 5 point PER difference. Nearly double the win shares for Harden. Double the assist rate. Far more steals and blocks. Substantially better rebounding for James. Even a better TS% despite Harden's ridiculously slow start. As we all know, a better DRating than any other high profile 2 guard.

Butler gets similarly whooped in all statistical categories, though for him at least he's shooting 49% from the floor so he has something over Harden.

It's really strange to me how people who watch the Rockets twice a year seem to have built this James Harden in their head that is basically a stereotype of an early 2000s isolation ballhog wing (inefficient, selfish, one-way player) even though James has never been the first two and is no longer the third.

17. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Everyone there wants to talk about defense, but nobody mentions Harden's second best skill, which is his passing.

18. arif1127

arif1127 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The people who picked anyone other than James, have not seen a single Rockets game, and not seen how solid, and at times spectacular, he has been defensively.

19. RudyT43

RudyT43 Member

True. I found myself questioning harden'a effort on defense 4-5 times a game last year. Now, he hustles, he dishes, he makes the entire team better. Throw klay Thompson or jimmy butler with the depleted starting lineup we currently have, that's an 0-5 team.

20. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I don't think the NBA has realized Harden now comes with Defense. Every knock on him in that entire post is his defense.