1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[nba.com] Terrence Jones Film Sessions

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Aceman2009, Jul 11, 2012.

1. Aceman2009

Aceman2009 Contributing Member

2. acshen

acshen Contributing Member

I actually like him a lot. I'm rooting for him already. Seems like a good kid.

3. jdjd

jdjd Member

4. TheGoldenGreek

I've had my eye on Jones ever since I watched Kentucky play LSU in Baton Rouge. He played an amazing game and the more I watched him the more I thought he could be a very good NBA player. I'm glad the Rockets picked him up and I hope he realizes all of his potential.

5. ThisIsOurCity

ThisIsOurCity Member

He is super athletic for a guy of his size. Really liking the potential of the three guys we drafted.

6. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

The reason he isn't talked about much is that he is a low-upside player. Doesn't mean he won't be the best of the bunch regarding this class. He just doesn't have superstar potential. He does have a chance to be very good though. I think borderline one time all-star is his ceiling.

7. Mirri3000

Mirri3000 Member

His best comparison is Josh Smith, so I would definitely not call him low-upside. He had a majorly reduced role with Anthony Davis in the paint. Kid is a stud on D (his man D is better than Smith), both on defender and off, has a smooth shot, and has very good handles and athleticism. His ONLY issue is strength, he is not even close to Patrick or Josh in strength. But he is young, and will hit the weights, and most likely fill out nicely, but he will never get to that freakish strength level to turn him into All-NBA, just doesn't have the body to do that.

8. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

He's the highest ranked player out of our draftees according to some sports analytics gurus. Some said he can average 24/12 on an average college team last year. I think he has allstar potential but can at least be a good rotation player.

Jones and our second round pick are not popular right now, but they can be as good players as Lamb/White IMO. On the other hand, We need to lower our expectations on DMo.

9. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Goodbye PatPat :(

10. alethios

alethios Member

Certainly makes PatPat redundant