1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

<NBA.com> Stern's take on "The Decision"

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by MrRoboto, Jul 12, 2010.

Tags:
  1. MrRoboto

MrRoboto Member

Should I feel bad that I agree with him?

<object width="388" height="394" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" id="ep"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /><param name="movie" value="http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/.element/swf/1.1/cvp/nba_embed_container.swf?context=nba&videoId=channels/nba_tv/2010/07/12/stern_on_decision.nba" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /><embed src="http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/.element/swf/1.1/cvp/nba_embed_container.swf?context=nba&videoId=channels/nba_tv/2010/07/12/stern_on_decision.nba" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" bgcolor="#000000" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="388" wmode="transparent" height="394"></embed></object>

2. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

He fined Gilbert 100K. For what? He didn't break any rules.

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

Well that sucks, I agree with him. I think he wants to say more, but him being the commish and everything... he has to censor 95% of it.

Still $perm gives out ridiculous fines and changed the game I grew up loving. I will always hate him for that.

4. MrRoboto

MrRoboto Member

agreed

5. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

One time I actually agree with Stern.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

peanuts for an owner

7. Outlier

Outlier Member

what exactly did he say? can't view the video.

8. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

did stern get 10 years older since the draft or have i just not been paying attention? and stern was right, lebron's demeanor on The Decision was fine but it never should have happened.

9. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Am I the only one who can't hear? It's really quiet.. even when I maxed my volumes.

10. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

Who's he trying to fool...we all know he watched "The Decision" with a bottle of lotion and a box of tissues close at hand

1 person likes this.
  11. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

He speaks very slowly in this interview, but I agree with him.

12. Shaud

Shaud Member

I bet he really loved it.

He said this because it sounds right.

13. jevon3012

jevon3012 Member

I feel sorry for Stern. If he endorses the Decision, people say he's a Lebron lover. He says he doesn't like it, people say he's only doing it because he has to. People love to blame the guy at the top. Just like people love to blame Presidents( both Bush and Obama ) for every small thing that happens like the President has nothing better to do than sit around and make executive orders just to screw with you. It's no different from Stern. He has guys who handle just about 99.9% of the NBA's decisions and he comes out and makes a speech about it and people think hes some supreme overlord of the NBA.

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

So Stern comes on and does essentially what Lebron did?

All of it stinks.

DD

15. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

I'm sure he's okay with the decision but he definitely didn't like "The Decision".

I honestly think that if Lebron never did the TV special and released his choice through the usual means, that he wouldn't have gotten half the criticism that he's gotten. There'd still be the Super-team business that rubs some people the wrong way, but I don't think that the "Lebron betrayed Cleveland" vibe would have taken off the way that it did.

16. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

ESPN would air news about Cleveland fans running around burning LeBron James jerseys and memorabilia regardless... And then writers would coin in and eventually it would lead up to the same result.

'The Decision' only made that result appear faster...

17. Shaud

Shaud Member

If Stern is crazy about ratings like all the conspiracy theory folks say then I think part of him was loving every minute of "the decision"

I agree with the rest of your post though 100%.

18. MONON

MONON Member

The "cave in job" that the Commish did tonight, broke the Rictor scale. But what could you expect? With the CBA up for renewal, you don't want to piss off 3 of the 5 biggest stars around.

As for the fine, what did Danny Boy say against the rules? Cleveland has finished tearing down it's mural of LBJ. Is another fine coming?

19. Jontro

Jontro Member

In short, $perm got LerBon's back in his decision to leave Cleveland. He just didn't like the way LerBon went about it. The whole 1 hour special was unnecessary and poorly done/handled (shouldn't have happened, like others have said). He said LerBon's advisors (I'm speculating his agent) have been whispering bad advices in his ears.

20. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

Cleveland owner is an idiot. Lebron has the right to choose, and at the end of the day who cares? Kobe would still be fighting for the second round if Lakers didn't steal Gasol with the backdoor deal.