1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NBA.com] Sam Smith suggests an Asik-for-Rondo trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Contingent, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Please happen get er done morey

2. kmart9419

kmart9419 Contributing Member

He will be a spot up shooter next to harden. Let see 2 superstar ball hoggers playing together. All this bullcrap about fit and fans wants to bring in the worst pg fit for this team.

3. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Id probly get flamed for saying this but I'd pull the trigger

4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Asik and Lin???? Way too much!!! Hang up the phone Morey!!!

5. Play07

Play07 Member

the right coach could make it work, doc could easy with rondo and harden, but nothing against mchale but I'm not sure if he is cut out for that job. Rondo would be a leader here get Howard and harden in line, fans complain about harden and ISO he would play off the ball if rondos comes, but rondo is not healthy...

rockets in
    Olyny kelly
    Rondo

Celtics
    asik
    Lin

This is how I see going down, I'm 50/50 right now if I would do it...

6. Play07

Play07 Member

Or

Rockets in
    Green & rondo

Celtics in
    Lin & asik + fillers

7. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Lets just get him here first if it don't work o well I just want rondo on this team

8. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I can't see the Rockets giving up both Lin and Asik for Rondo with the way Jeremy is playing.

9. Eleazucena

Eleazucena Member

Why trade Lin along with asik? Lin is playing well especially coming off the bench... I would say asik and Beverly/Dmo/or/jones for rondo should do it

10. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>None of the Rondo rumored &quot;talks&quot; popping up today -- to HOU, or to NYK for sad package NY can scrounge up -- makes much sense to me.</p>&mdash; Zach Lowe (@ZachLowe_NBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/ZachLowe_NBA/statuses/402211911577509888">November 17, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

11. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

If DM was willing to trade Lin and Asik to Boston for Rondo, I would hope we could get Courtney Lee back.

12. D12 fan

D12 fan Rookie

If we can get Rondo/backup center for Asik/Lin you do that deal every day of the week.

Rondo is probably the best passing pg in the league, we already have enough scoring, imagine Rondo finding Harden/Dwight/Parsons for easier baskets. Rondo is the perfect fit for this team, adding him would be the icing on the cake.

Do it Morey!

13. D12 fan

D12 fan Rookie

No it's not Rondo is a game changer, he is a star player. Asik/Lin are good role players, if you have a chance to get a star for 2 role players you make that deal every time. The only thing I would add to this deal is a backup center from Boston.

You add Rondo with Harden/Dwight/Parsons and you have the ingredients for a championship team.

Rondo would be perfect for Dwight, and he will help take the ball out of Hardens hand which is a good thing.

Do it Morey!

14. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Sullinger or Bass

15. basketballholic

No. Don't want the contract. The trade for Rondo would be about the salary cap and options going forward, such as what he can be flipped for at the end of the season if he doesn't fit here. As such we would want KHump and Bogan's contracts to go with Rondo. KHump is expiring. He can possibly be signed and traded (add a 2nd rounder to entice a team to let us execute a sign-and-trade) and Bogans has a non-guaranteed deal. Or as such perhaps we could get Milwaukee to take DMo/Jones for Ilyasova and bring in Rondo and Ilyasova as a package for Asik/Lin/DMo/TJones/etc.

IF....things fall apart in Miami in the Finals...and IF Lebron looks around for another team....we could be in play. Rondo, Bogans, and KHump re-signed gets it done. IF Lebron is going to walk away from Miami...THEN Miami would probably be willing to take back Rajon in a sign-and-trade.

Trading for Rondo gives us plenty of salary cap options going forward.

16. conquistador#11

Daryl has to convince Lex that an 28 year old rondo(in feb)coming off a knee injury will solve howard's ft shooting and three point woes asap.
    better sell it hard because lex is impulsive individual without socks. and what he's feeling from lin right now is probably the same feeling he had when he was blowing up daryl's phone in 2012.... a whole lot of excitement and opportunitie$

17. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Harden is a better player then Rondo, but I think Having Rondo actually will make the game easier for Harden as he can move more freely and wont be as doubled team as much and Rondo can creat some good shots for him.

The more I think about it, i'm less opposed to it. Harden in the open court with Rondo is a pretty good thing. Rondo can find Harden cutting to the basket and that is an automatic 2 free throws or points.

18. Play07

Play07 Member

If we can get Olyny kelly + rondo I say do it morey. Yes rondo doesn't have a shot but he is a floor general, can help harden / Howard (ball movement) and he helps with the perimeter defense which is a big need.

I would like to have Lin here but in reality we are using him as a 6th man role player. He can run the offense but that's not what rockets let him do, harden does that. & we will have better chances in playoffs with rondo running offense vs harden. I like Kelly as a back up to Howard and he is on a rookie contract.

Asik is gone for sure, so it's basically rondo for Lin at this point, morey won't pass up a Allstar if he has the chance. I'm a Lin fan but rockets fan first, I will watch Lin / asik on league pass with the celtics and feel comfortable knowing rockets made a good move.

19. Ericonomist

Ericonomist Member

Well if our SG is klay Thompson I say we do it. But with Harden... No

20. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Our biggest problems on offense is 3 point shooting and defensive rebounding? Let's get Rondo