1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NBA.com] Sam Smith suggests an Asik-for-Rondo trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Contingent, Nov 14, 2013.

1. James88

James88 Member

I also hallucinated that Rondo had a busted knee.

2. johnnytsunami

johnnytsunami Member

Keep in mind, I said "argument of Top 5 PG". With that being said, my top tier PGs are CP3, Parker, Curry, Westbrook, Rose and Rondo (healthy) with Irving knocking hard on the door. With CP3, Parker and Rose (if he regains his MVP form) being locks in the top 5, any of the aforementioned players can be argued into the remaining two spots.

While you can't completely disregard health, there's no reason to believe that Rondo can't recover fully from his injury, especially since unlike Rose, he was not a player relying on sheer superhuman speed and quickness. I'm hesitant to say he will definitely 100% recover since you never know, but still I'm not betting against him getting fully healthy.

All that being said, I wouldn't want Rondo on the Rockets. I just had to respond to people's blatant disregard of Rondo's skills.

3. James88

James88 Member

I disagree as I've said, but that's fair. I just think you guys are giving Rondo way too much credit, because of his name. These other, newer, and less-name-recognition PGs are really good.

4. johnnytsunami

johnnytsunami Member

There's no question that this is the deepest I've ever seen the PG pool, but don't overlook Rondo just because he's out with an injury. People were doing that with Rose last year.

5. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

It doesn't matter what we think really, I have faith that if Morey had the chance to get Rondo for two bench players he would take it... Given Rondo is medically checked out of course.

6. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

This guy isn't counting him out because of injury, he just really doesn't know how good Rajon is.

7. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

All of those teams had a structured offense with a go to shot creator, Harden Iso won't win us a title heck I doubt it will win us even a playoff series.

8. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

this is not half court basketball....everyone rating these half-court combo shooting guards playing pg above rondo are crazy. okay d rose...that's about it. rondo is an elite defender and playmaker

9. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I'd take Rondo over Conley, Lawson, Bledsoe, and Irving. I can't imagine you saying this if you watched Rondo in the playoffs the last 5 years.

Morey would trade Asik and Lin for Rondo in a heartbeat, unless health is a concern, which it obviously is.

10. ed_tx

ed_tx Contributing Member

So that would also mean that instead of averaging over 6 assists a game, Lin would be getting around 12 since he wasn't even the primary ballhandler most of the time last season. With Lin's scoring and 12 assists, I'll take that while still getting something better for Asik.

11. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Lin is God I forgot

12. Pumpedupkicks

Pumpedupkicks Member

I think Lin prefers that you refer to him as a "child of God".

13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/NrJjIrslP4Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

14. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

If we got rondo i'm assuming that means we would do a Lin/Asik package deal? That's more attractive i say of us getting a good PF

15. Bo6

Bo6 Member

beverly and asik for rondo. makes sense to me. if bev and lin play the floor together i dont see why rondo and lin cant co-exist if jeremy is shooting like he is.

16. Bo6

Bo6 Member

forgot to add:

meanwhile rondo can go full lob city with dwight pulling him more in the game.

17. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

we're only paying BEV 800k i believe, or lower. we're getting a hell of a deal for both him and parsons right now for the way that they're playing. For those reasons Morey is not going to even consider trading those two because we're getting more out of them than we're paying for at the moment. Lin is getting paid a lot, so is asik, financially we can't get rondo and expect to get a dominant PF without getting rid of both asik and lin to free up enough space.

It just wouldn't be logical or worth the money to get rid of any of our other PGs or Guards.

18. Bo6

Bo6 Member

yes.. you cant have a dominant PF if you get rondo...... what is your point? asik +bev salary should match or close enough.

19. OremLK

OremLK Member

NO RONDO TO HOUSTON!

[​IMG]

20. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

The point is we NEED a PF WAY more than we need another PG. My point is that we aren't trading Bev because he's playing well above his pay rate, it would be idiotic to do so.