1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NBA.com] Rockets Rookies Off To Hot Start

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Omer, Jul 17, 2012.

1. Omer

Omer Member

Morey and the organization have always been solid at drafting players, can't hit on all your picks but our success rate is better than most.

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/07/17/rockets-rookies-off-to-hot-start/?ls=iref:nbahpt1

2. dram1

dram1 Member

Don't Forget the Donuts!!!

3. alethios

alethios Member

This is bittersweet news.

4. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I have long thought we should trade whatever we can to get dwight, but now that we have our cards in our hand, it's harder to let them go. I really like Lamb, White and Donuts. I hope Jones shows a thing or two too. He's got range all the way out to three point land and he's got size. Either way, I like our new comers.

5. Convictedstupid

This is like the third thread with this article.

6. ThisIsOurCity

ThisIsOurCity Member

Keep the rookies!!!

7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

yes keep them it will lead to a good pick this year. and between all that it should be a great team in a few years. right around the time dwight starts losing athleticism all these guys will be hitting there prime.

8. vince

vince Member

Orlando will get some cap relief and some young talent. But they aren't going to get a silver platter of their demands.

The Rockets are not in desperation mode. They have good young talent and lots and lots of cap space. They've got no albatross contract either - because Martin's contract is an expiring one, that makes it an asset...

Morey isn't going to be fleeced here. It's taken him way too long to get in this position.

9. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

I love our young talent. They all have potential to be really good players in this league. Dwight Howard is a superstar but he won't help the future of this team any better than the young talents we have now, the cap space, and the future lottery pick we have. All Dwight going to bring to this team is his drama, some bad contracts and taking away our lottery pick. A lot of people want Dwight here and willing to risk it with him but chances are, he's leaving this team regardless of what we do next season when he's a free agent. He isn't going to take this team to the promise land in a season.

The Rockets future with Dwight Howard is still dim. Plus he's still not fully healthy right now and is still recovering. His back surgery is no joke at all. The Rockets are in a great position right now with young promising talents, future high lottery picks, and cap space with Kevin Martin's expiring contract. They are in a great position to change the face of this team. That is better than giving all that up for one year of Dwight Howard with no promise. The Rockets future is much brighter than the Spurs and the Mavs right now. But only time will tell the fate of this team.

10. LC Rox Fan

LC Rox Fan Member

Yes definitely keep these rookies here together, and lets hope we can follow the OKC route and let them grow into stardom. Avoiding the whole Dwight Howard situation is best with the back problems and the resigning conundrum.

11. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Orlando, you been watching?

12. Dei

Dei Member

Is Marcus Morris not playing?

13. delishman

delishman Member

Party Party Party. Marcus Morris Wasted.

errr.. hungover.

14. AggieRocketFan96

Marcus Morris has been a major dissappointment. Have yet to see anything from him that would indicate he has potential. He's been thoroughly outplayed by this years Rookies, Chandler Parsons, and Donuts. Might be a prime D-League candidate to start the year.

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

The more I see the 3 draft picks and Donuts play, the more I dread trading any of them to Orlando, and I want Dwight.

16. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

F Dwight lets keep the guys "Say No To D-Ho"

17. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

the hot streak continues...

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Healthy, he's the best center in the league. This is summer league. I'm trying to keep that in perspective, but it's tough.

19. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

Of course healthy he is there's no doubt...and if he resigns it would be a good trade but if he doesn't it will be a disaster

20. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/V8g2IPe8nSo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Just a reminder... Its still just summer league. Keep an even keel.