1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. ROCKETS GAMEDAY
    The Rockets hope to rebound (no pun intended) after that brutal loss to Charlotte when they take on Ja Morant and the Grizzlies tonight. Come join us live at 7:00pm CT!

LIVE! Rockets vs. Grizzlies

[nba.com] Rockets Midseason Report Card - Grade B

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ipa, Jan 31, 2014.

Tags:
  1. deshen

deshen Member

It is below expectation. Did not many talk about championship before the start of this season?
    C is proper grade.

2. clutz

clutz Member

They have arrogance in Houston.

3. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

I doubt we murder them if Iggy is healthy. It would be a good series.

4. Nook

Nook Member

Iggy obviously helps them defensively, but he is on the downside of his career and is a major liability on offense.

5. rocketblood713

B seems fair despite everybody else looking at them like a C or D

6. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

We are a bad match up for them, just like San Antonio so yes we would crush them. We go insane against teams with no defense, teams with Elite Defense is our Kryptonite and teams that can Defend and Run we don't stand a chance against. GSW is a great scoring team who like to run up and down and they play no defense Harden would have a field day.

7. Juxtaposed Jolt

I'm surprised PHX only gets a B. I would have expected A-, as they have overachieved this year, and are still staying in the race with Bledsoe out.

If PHX makes the playoffs, Hornacek has got to be a strong contender for CotY.

8. Russjr2

Russjr2 Member

He would not reduce his value by playing backup to Howard. Everybody knows he is not a better C than Howard. He just needs to play the mins he is given and be productive in those minutes. Whatever team trades for him would bring him in to be a starter so his stats as a backup with us would not matter. He was a reserve with the Bulls and we PAID him to come and be a starter.

9. ZNB

ZNB Member

He meant the clippers. He said warriors but he was talking about how he thought the clippers were the second best team in the west.

10. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

How is he a liability on offense? He's shooting 40% this season, is playing as great defense as always, and has been an amazing passer.

Listen I hate the Warriors more then any team in the entire league.

But they have a lot of talent. Good amount of people whether or not correct thinks Curry is better then Harden. (There's a decent argument there). Both are bad defenders, but Curry is a much better shooter and a great passer also.

Is he better? I'd like to think not

But people seem shocked about how much hate Rockets are getting. Lot's of people dislike this team outside of our fanbase. People hate Dwight Howard, hate how Harden plays (Reddits public enemy number one or two), think Beverly is a dirty playe, Rockets live through the refs, etc etc.

The media knows people want to hear about this teams failures. They will constantly bring up our weaknesses as a team and ignore our strengths. Look at how much bashing the media did to the Heat the first couple years. Despite the fact that nearly everyone on the roster that first year never played together. How many times did we hear that? Hardly ever, we just heard how Lebron is a choke artist, traitor, Big 3 doesn't work, etc.

Warriors are basically the darlings of the NBA. People are going to want to hear about how great they are, how fun they are to watch, blah blah blah

So just expect a steady dosage of hatred throughout the season.

11. bmd

bmd Member

No... hardly anybody here expected the Rockets to even get to the Finals.

Western Conference Finals is about the furthest people were predicting.

I think most were predicting second round.

Now, many people predicted the Rockets CAN get to the Finals in the future. But not this year.

12. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

You hate the warriors more than OKC? lol the Warriors are a 7th seed?

13. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

I think the consensus was this team could win once Asik's/Lin's contracts were done or just traded to build around Harden, Howard, and the 3rd star. At the moment it's about building chemistry and trying to get as deep in the playoffs as they can. Not many here thought this team could win immediately.

14. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Harden did not have a field day against the Nuggets last year when Iggy was holding him. He actually had two terrible games and two so so games with a lot of turnovers.

15. ipa

ipa Member

It's not all about standings.

I hate them too, for those games we played against them, the 3-point game, when they were douchebags!

16. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

That's fine with me man! Let us be the heels, the team everyone puts down. It'll make us underrated and even more dangerous than we already are.

17. Fyreball

Fyreball Member

We're 31-17 in a season where we've literally had our bench DECIMATED with injuries, and you're saying we're an average team because we talked about the championship before the season started?? If anything, doesn't the fact that we're sitting 14 games above .500 even AFTER all the injuries and roster shuffles indicate that we really ARE a contender? Your logic makes absolutely no sense.

18. YallMean

YallMean Member

Yeah, folks we have the 4th best record ever, just chill. Hehe.

19. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

LOL, ok. MOST hated and simply hated are two different things. GSW worries me not and don't hate them personally I understand if you do. My most hated team is OKC. I really dislike Sacramento too but they are a joke and have been for awhile now.

20. New

If he wants to develop himself, he will want to play. So far what I see from Asik is that he wants to become a better player. That is also how why he was promised by the rockets that he will be the starting center. Stop the nonsense that Asik won't play because he got the money. Only people who have no ambition will think that way.