1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA.com: Rockets finalize roster

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by codell, Oct 27, 2003.

1. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

I went looking, but didnt see him listed on Utah's roster or in the NBA player directory..

I did find this....http://www.utjazz.com/team/padgett.shtml

but it doesnt have any stats...

still clueless as to whether or not he would make a good addition.

2. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

3. codell

codell Contributing Member

R2K,

I don't remember which game it was against Utah, but Padgett had a pretty decent game against us last year. I think it was the last game.

From what I remember about him, hes a good shooter and ok rebounder. Thats about it though. Overall, probably not someone that will play big minutes in a regular rotation. My guess would be that he is end of the bench insurance until Griffin and/or Pike get well.

4. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Jud Buechler. OK, role player. He fills out a roster. Yada yada yada.

This roster is talent thin, role player thick. Let's see if the formula works for 48 W's.

5. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

if memory serves, he's somewhat similar to a Pat Garrity- 6'10'' or 6'11'', sweet shooter, decent rebounder, offense off the bench.

Not a bad end of the roster pick up, IMO.

6. annthuyn

annthuyn Member

this is an irrevelant thing.. but has anyone met mike wilks? i can say that he is so nice and has an adorable smile.

on braggs... i dunno if i'm not giving him chances or what, but i don't really like him. from all the games that he has played, it's just been very bleh. maybe because he's a rookie? i dunno.. but hopefully we can find a diff player. i like muoneke. =/ we should have kept muoneke and scales.

7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Padgett wouldn't be a bad pick at all.He shoots fairly well,can rebound and doesn't need the ball to be effective. I hope he is fit.
    I think he was working out with the Trailblazers in the preseason.
    He could be useful while A.Griffin and Pike get fit like codell mentioned.

8. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

I'd be willing to bet that jason Collier is on the injured list with "shinsplints", if he is even in the NBA anymore.

9. pcheung

pcheung Member

Padgett went to Kentucky. Smart, tough-minded (sound familiar?) player whose strength is the open 3pt shot caused by double-teams on superstars (familar again?). He got regular minutes rotation minutes in Utah - 1st or 2nd guy off the bench.

I'm surprised Utah let him go. If we sign him I can see him getting minutes leaping Braggs in the rotation and getting spot minutes quickly.

10. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Actually... it means the tendons that hold the knee cap in place have both been damaged, and that the swelling is most likely restricting all normal movement (as in running the floor) and causing severe pain. This injury can cause fluid build-up much like that of a torn ACL to build under the knee cap. It's like tennis elbow, only on both sides of the knee, thus the "bilateral" - "infra" inner, inbetween "patellar" knee cap bone area "tendinitis" swelling of the tendon due to starin or damage.

Hope it never happens to me.:(

11. ragingFire

ragingFire Contributing Member

So we have a doctor in the house ?!! :)