1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NBA.com] New, improved Artest making fans forget about that other guy

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rookie34, May 6, 2009.

1. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

I liked the article. I didn't saw it posted yet ... if so, please lock up!

2. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

3. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

As much as love the point of the article, it was very poorly written. There were no quotes to back up the point that Ron Ron is a smart player.

4. jevon3012

jevon3012 Member

weird, homer articles by nba.com and espn are usually written about kobe, lebron, or wade.

5. Al Capone

Al Capone Member

LOL AN ARTICLE

6. declan32001

declan32001 Member

It was poorly written, but the story is justified. Artest is both funny and cool at the same time - and that's not easy to pull off.

He still has bizarre cerebral lapses on the court though.

7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

For such a smart player, he can do some boneheaded things with the ball.

8. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Okay article but understand one thing. ROn is playing for a big contract. His behaviour may revert back to crazy Ron after he gets his big deal. And make no mistake. He is one of the few impact free agents. The Blazers are already showing interest. Ron's agent knows this and I am sure Ron does too. Which may be why Ron is giving props to Roy and saying hey fans lets show some respect for the Blazers.

That is the 1 team that worries me on resigning Ron. He is a good borderline great player but he isn't worth 12 million. Which is what paul allen might throw his way. Yes all they have to do have enough money under the cap to offer Ron a sallary starting 12 mil is to release Outlaw and pay someone to trade for Sergio. And why they will seriously consider overpaying for Ron is he makes them real title contenders as opposed to Outlaw.

9. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Rofl he is going to want more money now..

10. ReD_1

ReD_1 Rookie

I don't agree, Ron is on this contract year but that doesn't mean he is playing right now his best basketball.

He always gives you 100% on the basketball court and that is unique for him, I don't think that cyear matters so much.

11. blacktopKING

blacktopKING Member

The article is on point but I think he fails to emphasize that Ron is also a very emotional player. He tends to let his emotions take over which causes him to do some funny things on and off the court. He has done a better job of using reason over emotional action as of late.

12. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

I hope you're wrong because I want Ron to stay. But, if what you're saying is true, then maybe Ron is smarter and more calculative than we all gave him credit for. If saying Roy was the best 2-guard in the league and him saying all this stuff about how he was so proud of all these younger players in the league were calculated moves, then Ron is a very smart man. I can see Paul Allen paying for his services, he is the richest owner in the league. But, I hope Tru Warier stays, he and Yao make a good duo.

13. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I just hope this isn't all an act to get the $$$$$ next season. The dude has done a complete 360 in my eyes, in turning into a fan favorite. He's saying all the right things, and doing everything he can to get the fans happy and excited with him in the middle.

14. ebu

ebu Member

I really doubt artest will leave...
    he seems really happy on the team and has a good relationship with all the players...and him and yao are becoming close

if he does stay, it makes u think what would happen with tmac if he is traded, or how him and artest will work on the court together

15. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

He's not alone... Yao Ming is a pretty smart player, and he committed the worst fould ever on Billups that one night, which caused everyone to hilariously flip out.

You can't get mad every time a player fails to display genius level IQ every minute of every game. Overall, our guys have done pretty well.

16. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

LOL Yao will never live that one down. RA was angry enough you can see steam coming out of his years and Mutombo was so angry his pants fell off. After the game though, Yao's quote was priceless... "Apparently that was a bad idea!"

17. Dei

Dei Member

Is that you, Jason Kidd?

18. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

The fans at that game love Ron. I think the guy is genuinely happy here at that might play a big role in him staying in Houston. Having said that, I don't expect the Rockets to offer him more than 8 million a year for four years. I also don't expect anyone else to offer him more than that.