1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[nba.com] Most Disappointing in the West: Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SirKen, Feb 3, 2014.

1. SirKen

SirKen Member

According to nba.com we are playing below expectations.

Discuss.

2. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

We are but the season is not over, nor are the injuries.

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Most disappointing? Lmao.

4. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

I agree we're below expectation. But MOST disappointing? How about dem Lakers?

5. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

More disappointing than memphis?

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You could say the expectations went down like Kobe.

7. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Seriously? The Rockets have played below expectations IMO(except when they go up against the Spurs), but I'd rank the Warriors ahead of us in terms of most disappointing. Remember, that team was being picked by some to go deep in the playoffs before the season started whereas the Rockets were a consensus 2nd round team at best.

8. theREALDEALkid

Honestly I think the media is still upset about the fact that Dwight Howard left the Lakers for the Rockets and any chance they get to make him look underwhelming or disappointing they jump at.

In this case it's the rockets as a whole.

1 person likes this.
  9. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Most people had us 8th in the league before the season, and right now with are 7th. How is that disappointing again?

10. bmd

bmd Member

How about the Clippers? They were predicted to be #1 in the West according to a lot of people. They were the team to beat this year.

11. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I think they are right. The rockets had very high expectations and they are only in the middle of the playoffs in the west

12. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

Yea ok

What about Minny?????

13. bmd

bmd Member

And most people predicted the Rockets will get about 55 wins. They are right on track for that.

The only reason they are underwhelming is because they are inconsistent and lose some games they shouldn't or are in tight games with teams they should be dominating.

14. Play07

Play07 Member

deadline is 2-20-14 time will tell but they do have some good points as of now

1. about how we went all out to get howard this summer and he was supposed to put us over the hump and compete with the clippers, okc, pacers but they haven’t saw that yet, we got blown out.

2. heart and game changer - they said they dont see that guy with starters or bench thats a guy that can change the game, we have plenty of threads about wanting a guy like that who will fight, they did mention bev. but said he has been having injuries but they still dont see him as that yet. In other words they think were SOFT

3. what happens when the shots stop falling on a poor shooting night how will we grind it out ? they have a point.

15. Raven

Raven Member

I give the Rockets a B. They're not quite on pace to win the 55-57 games I predicted, but there are mitigating factors.

16. bmd

bmd Member

Most non-Rockets fans were saying second-round exit.

17. awc713

awc713 Member

Wouldn't say we're the most disappointing. Think that goes to TWolves or New Orleans. Possibly even Memphis or Spurs (1-11 vs. West top 7).

We're the 3rd youngest team in the league I believe. This team has shown flashes of brilliance, but we've also shown we need to develop stability and we still how growing room and pains.

We're the 5th seed an extremely tough Western Conference. We're not 7th or 8th. If we were, then we may be the most dissapointing. But I'd say were arguably right on schedule, maybe a little worse off...but when you take into account this season's crazy injuries (Which is no excuse), its not "dissapointing" to be slotted 5.

Minnesota had playoff aspirations, and it looks like they'll lose their one stud. Pelicans put a lot of risk in this year--trading next year's first for Jrue, signing Tyreke, and they have literally nothing to show for it

18. Karolik

Karolik Member

definitely below expectations, from IMO subpar coaching...but most disappointing? that title belongs to the wolves or something...

19. Play07

Play07 Member

kobe, farmer, blake, nash all out they have a d-league team & vet min contracts playing out there besides gasol and hill.

20. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

I take a couple of issues with this. For me, they are right at expectations and maybe even exceeding it with considering injuries for these reasons:

1) Mixing All-Stars in a new team takes some time before they become truly great. Remember how the Heat started in 2010? Through 49 games, they were only 3 games better than where the Rockets are right now and they were much, much more talented.

2) The West is ridiculous. The Rockets are projected to win 54 wins but they are only the 5th seed. Three teams are projected to win 59-60 wins. This is just an absurd year at least in terms of sheer winning percentages in the West. If they had the same record on a normal year and were 3rd seed, no one would be saying that they are disappointing.

3) Injuries. I don't think there needs much explaining here. Sure could have used Asik all year when our bench defense goes to **** after Dwight sits. :rolleyes: