1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NBA.com] McGrady's popularity complicates West All-Star choices

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by EbolaScola, Dec 28, 2009.

1. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Member

lulz

Fan voting fail.

2. DcProWLer277

DcProWLer277 Rookie

Why? So he can try a 180 dunk and get blocked by the rim again?

3. rockets_fanatic

We could use this to convince a certain NBA team that is struggling with a attendances to accept a trade for McGrady.

4. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

The notion of karma just flies right over your head doesn't it?

5. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

It would be awesome if both AI and Tmac made it. If yao was on the ballot I bet he would be winning.

6. TmacsRockets

TmacsRockets Rookie

7. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Member

This does nothing but boost his potential trade value. I'm all for it. Everyone vote T-Mac for the all-star game!

8. dcfma

dcfma Member

That would be ironic :rolleyes: if the all-star voters want to see him play when his own coach does not.

9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

McGrady, Iverson, Tinsley, Marbury, all these guys should play in the ASG. They belong there. Oh, wait, I forgot Stevie Francis too.

10. Yak

Yak Member

It would be as ironic as rain on your wedding day...

11. apollo33

apollo33 Member

WOW, what if Rick is named the All star team coach

and tmac decides to play

hmm, that'd be really awkward

12. Steve_Francis_rules

Do you have any proof that most of these votes are coming from China? Couldn't it be stupid fans in the US, the same ones who are voting in Allen Iverson?

13. Yak

Yak Member

This actually could prove to be beneficial for the Rockets in regards to trading Tracy.

Being voted into the ASG wouldn't prove that TMac could play like an All-Star, but it does show that TMac has the support from enough fans to get into an ASG.

So this means that people are wanting to watch McGrady play. Ticket sales and revenue will increase for whichever team trades for him.

14. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Member

McGrady's defense at its best these days would fit perfectly in the ASG.

15. t_mac1

t_mac1 Member

exactly. people don't know how wildly popular iverson and tmac are. those guys were the faces of the NBA for a long while, and right now only lebron/kobe/wade/dwight howard are bigger.

iverson barely has played, and tmac hasn't even played basically and they're still getting votes.

16. AXG

AXG Member

Keep voting for McGrady! If he gets voted in as an All-Star starter, then he HAS TO BE GOOD, and it's easier for the Rox to trade him. ;)

17. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Member

Man you're kidding, right? Even TMac said he thinks 90% of his votes are from China.

Anyway, I'm sure Tmac will magically go from 2nd to 3rd just like he did last year at the final tally.

David Stern to China: Shove it!

18. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Bingo!!

People gonna pay to watch him play and any half-witted GM has GOT to see that. Let's vote him in - despite what he said about not playing, I do not doubt for a second that if he gets voted in, he would front up to play. He was only saying that as cover just in case he didn't get voted in (couldn't handle not being popular enough) and when he was still trying to do the 'right thing by the team'.

This result gives Morey more ammunition

19. t_mac1

t_mac1 Member

i bolded for you, just like a ton of people think those votes are from china.

20. t-mac_#3_SG

t-mac_#3_SG Member

1) We all know most T-Mac fans are chinese. No proof is needed. The man has admitted it himself, most
    of the people voting for him in the all-star game are chinese.

2) If you really think the fans voting for T-Mac in the all-star game are stupid, that's just your opinion. i won't
    argue about it, you may call me stupid, but as long as it's just your opinion it doesn't really matter to me. And
    is it just me or Allen is actually playing good lately? Why shouldn't fans vote for him? If the man can play, he
    might as well be in the all-star game. It doesn't matter what you, or me or anyone else thinks, what
    matters is who gets the most votes, and if majority of people wanna see Allen or T-Mac play in the all-star
    game your opinion doesn't mean anything.

Anyway, I just have to say that I want to see T-Mac play in the all-star game, mainly to actually see
    him play for more than "8 minutes". I'm tired of seeing him being rejected, he just wants to play goddamnit,
    and if you was in his place you would too. I hope he at least gets more than 20 minutes in whatever team
    he goes too. Whatever happens, whatever team he goes to, whatever perfomance he gives, he will
    always be my favorite player.