1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NBA.com]Interview with Dean Cooper (Rockets mentioned)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hayesfan, Sep 19, 2008.

1. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

http://www.nba.com/timberwolves/news/coach_cooper_080918.html

Thought that it was a little bit of insight to the Rockets and Cooper.

2. redao

redao Member

wow to Yao.

3. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

[rquoter]
    MT: All right coach, last Houston question. I have to say Yao was my favorite interview of any player last year. What can you say about him?

Cooper: Let me say this. I've spent a lot of time with Yao - I was there for his rookie year, and I spent a full month in Beijing and Shanghai with him last summer, and we have a very close relationship. I can say this in all honesty: There are a lot of good guys in our league, but Yao is not only the nicest player I've ever met, but he might be the nicest human being. Especially to shoulder the weight of the East, he is basically bridging the gap between the East and the West as far as basketball and just what he carries for his country in general. Really, I mean it in all sincerity; I've never met a better human being. His ability to be funny ... He's the biggest wisecracker on the whole team and has an ability to use humor. And his work ethic is second to none. I can't say enough about him.[/rquoter]

That put a big smile on my face. Man, I love this team.

4. MandM's

MandM's Member

who cares.

I don't remember this cooper guy being mentioned by anyone as doing anything.

good luck...good riddance

5. Pringles

Pringles Member

Wow. Why the hate?

He just praised us. And called us a contender.

And the true fact is... he is part of the reason why Rafer started making his tear drops. He used Rudy T's drills to help Rafer.

And I am sure he has done a lot more for the organization than you ever done to the Rockets. Maybe that's why he got a job for being an assistant coach.

6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I wish Cooper didn't leave the Rockets. I'm glad that he is getting a coaching job,just wish it was here.

7. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

I agree. To anyone MandM's never heard of: good luck . . . IN HELL!!! :rolleyes: Oh including myself.

8. KDavis

KDavis Contributing Member

You said your self.

He was credited with helping Rafer's Short game last year.

Pay attention

9. meh

meh Contributing Member

Yao needs to develop a second personality. The problem is that on the court, he's also the nicest guy around.

10. mich

mich Member

Love to hear these about Rockets, although I don't know Dean that much. Wow to see how other people thought about Yao.

11. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

i dont know about that. you could maybe say that his first year or two. but things started to change especially last season.

i think this season he may come full circle.

12. MandM's

MandM's Member

I buy my tickets buddy. That's how i help. Pay salaries.

And I have a few t-shirts....and hats....I have hats

13. Albert Einstain

14. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Because I'm sure the Rockets players and staff will be starving without your business. :rolleyes: