1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NBA.com] Howard happy in Houston, focused on getting a ring

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rookie34, May 7, 2015.

1. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

http://www.nba.com/2015/news/05/05/dwight-howard-happy-in-houston.ap/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpts

Nice read. Lock up if already posted.

I love 'Playoffs Dwight' ! He's a beast ! :grin:

2. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

Everyone love Playoff Dwight

3. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Whatever happens, we know Playoffs Dwight won't give up!

4. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Damn Howard really doesn't like crab legs.

Seriously though I feel so bad for him. Dude has nonstop stepped up in the playoffs.

5. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

Dwight is a ROCK for this Rockets team. Honestly, he makes up for so much crappy perimeter defense sometimes it's just Godly. He even negates crappy interior defense from TJ. Playoffs Dwight is such a pleasure to watch. He hasn't said one word about his reduced post-ups and is quietly dominating with solid screens, rolls, effort-maxed offensive rebounds and hustle sprints back for transition D. Playoffs Dwight is THE MAN.

Match him James! and we'll have a Finals appearance

I completely doubted that he could come back with decent health or effort for the current playoff run; glad it's happening for him and the Rockets.

#5 srrm, May 7, 2015
    Last edited: May 7, 2015
  6. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

I'm not sure i'd be telling people i left the dinner table and started crying alone in the car.

With that said, he's been a beast in the playoffs and I know that we need him playing this way if we ever want to win a championship.

7. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

8. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

This isn't the first time he's said this exact thing. He really wants to win and his play show it in the playoffs. Harden looked good tonight in the 1st and especially the 4th. If he can bring that all 4 quarters then we will no doubt be holding that trophy up in June.

9. buckaroo

buckaroo Contributing Member

I think this is best thing he said in the article. I definitely think Hakeem is in his ear and now its getting through to his head. This quote along with Dwight's comment in the Dallas series about staying "humble and hungry", show me Hakeem is influencing him positively.

Also I just realized, adding Josh midseason is like another "Double Clutch" situtation, akin to Cylde and Dream.

Now all we need the fairy tale ending. :grin:

1 person likes this.
  10. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Fire, baby. Fire

11. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

D12 has really matured here in Houston...and couple that with his return to health, he is absolutely a beast in the playoffs.

12. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

He's proven us wrong time and again. Regular season Dwight vs Playoff Dwight is a Dr. Jekyll Mr. Hyde scenario to be fair though.

Long Live Playoff Dwight!

13. marky :)

marky :) Member

All I can think of is what if the cooks watched Howard eat a piece of their crab and then watch him go to his car and cry.

1 person likes this.
  14. ibm

ibm Member

enjoyed the reading.

dwight is probably more mature now than he appears. he's one big bright spot in the postseason for the rockets.

15. hakeemthagreat

Hes our most consistent player in the postseason. Seems he (unlike some:rolleyes:) play with a certain amount of urgency in the playoffs EVERY nite

16. daledondale

daledondale Member

Dwight is playing solid. Harden must try to emulate him, stepping in a lot more.

17. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

These past two playoffs, it's clear that Dwight is very serious about winning a championship. He is doing all he can for us, every time he is on the court. without a doubt, he has been our most dominant and consistent force in the playoffs.

Wish the team would adopt his attitude. Sometimes it's hard to see if the rest of the team really wants to win now.

18. Dmo for 3mo

Dmo for 3mo Member

If the whole team had the fire Dwight has we'd win the title.

19. ibm

ibm Member

bingo. i know what you're saying. :)

steve kerr said it best. to win in the playoffs, you have to have both heart and brain. so it's not only 'fire'. you have to be poised as well. but i think i got what you're saying.