1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NBA.COM] Harden: "I am the MVP"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by YallMean, Apr 9, 2015.

1. daernoth

daernoth Member

Harden should be the MVP but its not a good idea for him to be pushing for it in the media. He just shouldn't answer that question.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

What's funny to me is that it seems like no one even tries to make the case that Steph Curry is the most valuable player in the NBA when they are trying to argue that he should win the MVP. It's like they know they'd be laughed at if they tried to make that case so instead they say that the MVP should go to the best player on the best team even if he's not the most valuable.

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

why not. its his opinion and has every right to say it

4. mad max 94

mad max 94 Member

Agreed. He should be worrying about beating the Spurs tonight instead of winning MVP. There is way too much focus on the award with this team (IMO).

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

yes because this has a huge effect on wanting to beat the spurs in a regular season game on friday

6. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

If Harden has a big game against the Spurs in a Rocket's win tonight and the narrative will change again. Lose again and he won't really have a chance.

7. solodolo11

solodolo11 Member

Other than the MVP talk, it seems Harden is pissed and wants to win in the playoffs. The MVP stuff is nice but hearing talk about having that stuff sit in the back of his mind is more exciting to me. I hope they bring it this year in the post season!

8. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Curry is the Media's Champ. Harden is the People's Champ!!!

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

10. solodolo

solodolo Member

Thats what I said ! Last few games he had average games and the media was nervous but they going to bring up this game when hes announced mvp .

11. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Sure feels that way, heard Mike and Mike this morning and they were saying he locked it up after last night.

It's just like...what? He has his 2nd 40 point game and that's locking it up?
    Harden has had 12...TWELVE 40+ point games and it did not take him 40 shots to get them either.

But yeah, Curry finally had his game where he had to put his team on his back, the one game. Grats.

12. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

It's the type of culture we live in. It's the "what have you done for me lately?" mentality. At this point, I'm willing to say the winner is going to be whoever has the most impressive game at the end of the season.

13. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

Harden is the front-runner. Last few games aren't going to change that.

14. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

I am 100% sure Fran will nit vote for Harden on this.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If this was an award based on player votes, Harden would win in a landslide, it's only the media pushing Curry.

16. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Stephen Curry Says James Harden Being ‘a Little Aggressive’ Campaigning for MVP <a href="http://t.co/QWds4NhpR2">http://t.co/QWds4NhpR2</a> <a href="http://t.co/gKP9CzemJr">pic.twitter.com/gKP9CzemJr</a></p>&mdash; SLAM Magazine (@SLAMonline) <a href="https://twitter.com/SLAMonline/status/586609880053653504">April 10, 2015</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

17. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

If Curry was so confident he wins MVP, why is he shotjacking every night instead of resting for the playoffs. They already have the number 1 seed and homecourt locked up. It seems Curry and the warriors are trying to pull a fast one on the public, but they cant fool me

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He knows that he has the support of the media, which should be enough to win the award, he's just upset that Harden is supported by all of the players and that there isn't anyone that can actually make a case that Curry is the most valuable....even when they are supporting him winning the MVP award.

19. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

This is what it is, pretty much.

20. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

I freaking HATE the Warriors.... I hope we get them and I hope we beat the crap out of them.