1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NBA.COM] Harden: "I am the MVP"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by YallMean, Apr 9, 2015.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Curry just won it. Media is gonna be slurping up that game for days.

Unless Harden goes for 40+ and a win tomorrow, it's over. Even then, probably still is.

2. Buzzlite

Buzzlite Member

Harden's gonna need 40 to 50+ and the win...sadly people seem to forget about the several 40 and 50 point games harden has already had this season *sigh

3. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

this. With our loss against SA, and if harden doesn't drop 50 tomorrow against them, Curry pretty much has the MVP sealed.

2nd place isn't bad. but the warriors are just clicking on all cylinders and curry breaking records and dropping 40 while we're trying to find our idenity before the playoffs with injuries isn't helping.

There's always next season though. lets go rockets! now we can stop focusing on harden getting mvp and worry more about the team getting out of the first round of the playoffs.

4. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Unfortunately, Curry sealed the MVP tonight with 45 points on 17/23 shots vs blazers.... as Ernie called him "Steffortless"....

At this point I'm OKAY with Harden not getting MVP. This could and should and will ignite fire in Harden and make Harden become our Michael Jordan in the making in the playoffs.

Goodnight.

5. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

put Klay Thompson on the Rockets and Houston would be top

6. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

Curry with a historical season. In other seasons, harden will win definitely

7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Nah. Curry won it tonight. Honestly...Curry has probably had it won for months now. People are just too enamored with the Warriors record.

8. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

yet curry has not won player of the month this year

its all hype with Curry, he is performing no better than last year

on the other hand Harden is having a season only matched by Bird, Lebron( 2008) and MJ( 1989)

9. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

top of the lottery teams in the west, i agree. 14th pick here we come again, and again and again.

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

It doesn't matter. Curry is the exciting guy that gets Twitter going crazy. He's a great player who definitely deserves it. I think Harden deserves it more seeing as how he's faced 1000x more adversity than Curry has, but that's not how the mainstream media and the casual fans feel about it.

I feel bad for James. I really do. Who knows what he could have done this year if the Rockets weren't just obliterated with injuries this year?

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The Warriors' and Rockets' offensive ratings, with and without Stephen Curry and James Harden <a href="http://t.co/ZPmYnOLjqw">pic.twitter.com/ZPmYnOLjqw</a></p>&mdash; Ben Golliver (@BenGolliver) <a href="https://twitter.com/BenGolliver/status/586399727945564160">April 10, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

12. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

Imagine that Curry plays for us. Morey gonna love that.

13. Quiksilver

Quiksilver Member

Curry won Player of the Month in November 2014 this season:rolleyes:

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeah, J sizzle is right. He locked it up tonight.

Good for Curry, hopefully 10 years from now we will be laughing about this and ask "Why doesn't Harden have more MVPs?"

15. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

16. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Man, I loved some of those quotes in that piece. He sounds angry about losing, wants to carry the pressure, and he wants to be a top 5 player ever. I love it when guys are motivated by greatness.

17. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

Curry won it before this game, come on now, tell me you guys don't believe one freaking 40 point game makes the difference or y'all just saying for the media it has now been decided?

Pretty amazing how much we fall off without Harden, we become absolute **** without him, that still should count but Curry is well deserving, sorry James. The guy always steps up and with their team having this amazing season and 4-0 against us, it's only logical Curry wins it.

I think it will not even be that close when the results come in, Harden will have the most 2nd place votes, Curry 80-90% of 1st place votes and Westbrook can have some 2nd in there.

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Nah, of course the whole seasosn will be considered. If they were just going by single games Harden would win this. He's had so many 40+ point games and two 50 point games. If Harden took the amount of shots Westbrook or Kobe take I bet he'd have a 70 point game. He's certainly capable of it.

But if you listen to the media some of them have been saying this race will go down wire to wire, till the last game. And asking who will have bigger performances? To them Curry just had an all-time performance last night. I mean it is what it is because Harden put up 40 twice on Portland but yeah...it is what it is.

Harden was 5th last year in MVP voting, will be 2nd this year, maybe for once we'll be relatively healthy next season and the Rockets can have a great season and Harden can get his...although I'm sure if the Rockets had the Warriors record they'd suddenly say "Oh, it's not best player on best team. It's Most Valuable..."

19. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

True, totally agree. To be fair to Harden, if any other player like KD, Curry, Westbrook or Lebron had lost their running mate for most of the season on top of all the other injuries and carrying their team the way Harden is doing, I have no doubt their chances would be better than Harden. Simply because Harden is not well liked across the media.

Still, I think Curry or any other player who puts up great numbers across the board and having their team at #1 in the league, with best offense and defense - think about that for a second - and historic number of wins and +/- of around 10, it's hard not to give it to Curry. I think that's what Steven A. was saying last time, he wanted to give Harden the edge, but could not not give it to Curry.

20. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Why do people care so much about who wins MVP? I don't get it. All I care about is what my team is doing. Individual accolades in a team sport are useless...especially if your team goes nowhere in the playoffs. If Harden wins MVP and Rockets exit first round, then that's just great man! That's just f-ing great, man (in my best Hudson from "Aliens" voice). What are we gonna do now? Always next season! Sigh! Let's gather round, build a fire, and sing some songs! (Oh shut up, Burke!) ;)

#40 Surfguy, Apr 10, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2015