1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NBA.com] GM Survey 2008

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Omer, Oct 22, 2008.

1. JayZ750

JayZ750 Member

How does Steve Nash's name even come up in response to this question? He's only shot below 40% from 3 once in his career, and has been over 45% the last two years, AND he is one of the quickest guards in the league. Add in some of the league's best ball-handling skills, and Nash does a lot with a lot of skills.

I guess it's even more humorous that Lebron got a vote...what?

Not that I am an expert on every team's blue collar players, but Chuck Hayes should probably win this question hands down.

2. durvasa

durvasa Member

I think he's below average in most athletic categories. He has superior dexterity with the ball, obviously great ball-handling, passing, and shooting skills. Great coordination.

I'd compare him to Larry Bird. He's gifted in some respects, but it's not raw athleticism.

3. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

4. durvasa

durvasa Member

5. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

6. bbjai

bbjai Member

Wow

Yao didn't even rate a mention in any of these

7. JayZ750

JayZ750 Member

you'd think that...mostly because he's white...but you rarely see anybody as fast as he is with the ball. in terms of speedy PG's, aside from the niche back-up types (i.e. Aaron Brooks), Nash ranks up there with Paul and Parker from a speed perspective. Granted, he might not run a 40 as fast as they could, but basketball athleticism isn't about sprinting.

Basically, if I had Steve's combination of shooting, ballhandling and speed, I may not win any MVP's, but you can be sure I'd be good, too.

More with less to me means you have very few skills, yet still manage to be a productive player. For example, if I had Chuck Hayes size and athleticism, I probably would be a mediocre overseas player at best, whereas he's worked himself into a serviceable role player in the NBA.

just my opinion, though.

8. durvasa

durvasa Member

Maybe its my eyes or biases playing tricks on me, but I don't think Nash's speed is comparable to Paul or Parker. He's good in the open court and he's good at getting penetration in the half-court because of his ability to dribble, run, and survey the court all at the same time. It's not raw speed that makes him so fast with the ball, but his superior coordination and command of the ball. And I think that's why he's gotten better, in virtually every respect, after the age of 30. Those types of players aren't usually relying a lot on their athleticism.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

All that proves is that some GMs are dumber than most fans.

:)

DD

10. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

Now, I know.

Now, I know.

Now, I know why half the teams suck some serious a-holes.

11. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Aaaron Brooks hasn't done anything to prove himself to be on that list.

12. ronnymac

ronnymac Member

TMAC IS NUMBER 2 BY MOST GMS AS A PLAYER WHO CAN CREATE HIS OWN SHOT?. but some of the so called fans here think he is washedup?. thank god the experts are not that stupid. love the artest tough guy poll to.

13. durvasa

durvasa Member

You're misinterpreting the results of the survey. It's not that most GMs thinks he's the second best at creating his shot. It's that there were 2 GMs (out 27 who responded) that chose McGrady as the best at creating his shot. It's possible that the majority of GMs think McGrady is washed up, and that wouldn't contradict these results.

14. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

15. ronnymac

ronnymac Member

Fair enough. but to be infront of guys like gino and lebron it just proves that tracy still has the respect of his peers and he isnt washed up.

16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

1. This just prove that some GMs don't know what they are doing. (DD, I am with you in this!)

2. How come T-Mac is recognized (barely) of creating his own shot and not a vote for his passing ability?

3. Bruce Bowen does the most with the least? Yeah, right, by being dirty. I am a homer. So I'd say Chuck Hayes should win this by a big margin. But hey, most GMs probably don't notice Chuck as an NBA player.