1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA.com discusses former Rockets assistant coach Thibodeau

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by waihh, May 20, 2010.

1. waihh

waihh Contributing Member

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/features/shaun_powell/05/20/thibodeau/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt1

How much has Tom Thibodeau impacted Boston Celtics' championship? No one knows. Defense was the key, and there was no doubt about that. KG took a lot of the credit which is understandable, but how about Thibodeau? It is apparent that Thibodeau is the mastermind of the defense game plan, night in and night out.

Doc Rivers is not among the best coaches, not even in today's league in my humble opinion. But you have to give him the credit of his openness. He knows that Thibodeau can do a better job in guiding the defense, then he give Thibodeau the freedom to give instructions. And we all see what had happened. I really wish that our Rockets coaches (JVG and RA) had done that. Imagine what can happen if JVG allowed someone to help with the offense and RA allowed someone to help with discipline and defense?

I really like Thibodeau. When JVG was fired, I hoped that Rockets could have taken Thibodeau as the head coach. Now it seems that he eventually will be a head coach somewhere. Good luck, Tom!

2. Raven

Raven Member

I think JVG was on to something when he said if Thibodeau was an ex NBA player that he'd already be a head coach somewhere.

3. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

The Rockets need to go after him and make him the highest paid assistant ever until Rick retires.

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Seriously, teams need to junk this stupid tradition that coaches and GMs have to be former players. They aren't playing on the court. Who cares if they could ball in the past. Get the guy who can do the best job, period.

5. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Tom is the real coach, Doc never had winning record until Tom joined him.

6. ICanDunkOnYao

ICanDunkOnYao Member

Wow, 100,000! That's tied with the highest amount fined (with JVG for some comments about Yao being called for inexistent fouls). Talk about Rockets Staff hate!

7. ICanDunkOnYao

ICanDunkOnYao Member

wrong thread. #@$%^&

8. WillG

WillG Member

i think the big 3 had a LITTLE to do with it...