1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NBA.com] Dealing Nash unthinkable?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Juxtaposed Jolt, Nov 9, 2010.

1. rockets934life

[​IMG]

This doesn't happen and they win that series and probably the NBA title, Steve Nash is an all-time great.

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

If that's the case, then Grant Hill has suddenly changed the position he plays.

3. StanleyHartwell

yeah, two chances. Not 13.

Kobe lost two finals as well, didn't he?

4. goodbug

goodbug Member

We don't know about that. It's 2-2 tie at that point and Spurs had split the first 2 games, all proved Spurs could win road game with Amare playing.

5. goodbug

goodbug Member

True, but how many chances he earned? And it wasn't like Nash was fighting in finals to begin with. Pistons might have repeated if Suns made finals in 05.

6. Aleron

Aleron Member

I've been calling Nash to Orlando for awhile now.

As for him coming here, the guy deserves a spot on a contender for the last cpl years of his career, we're at best a playoff team.

7. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Member

Yeah, he'd love Texas again.

8. mickey_angelo

mickey_angelo Member

Lol. I saw that too, but I was going to let it go.

9. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Member

haha

well the way I see it they can have either Lowry or Brooks since whoever stays would be the clear backup PG

but money wise the trade i put up earlier works and the suns save some money in the deal (roughly 1 million) while the Rockets take on some additional salary if Lowry were included instead of Brooks the Suns would have to give up someone else which they may not want to do or the Rockets may not want to take. -- All this is assuming that they would be willing to part with both Nash and Hill in the first place.

Honestly with the faster pace the suns play Brooks would probably love that system anyway and he is one of the teams most attractive trade pieces considering his talent and salary right now. The suns could resign him with a newer CBA deal as well.

10. rockets934life

Maybe or maybe they win that series and eventually the title, point is I wouldn't hold that series against him because it caused an uneven playing field.

Although, the way the series was evolving, I think they win the series.

11. worzel gummidge

Hill can play multiple positions. Coming off the bench I think he can handle PF.

12. roslolian

roslolian Member

Simmons touched on this last year...Nash won't leave a franchise until they show him the door ala Dallas. He's just that kind of guy.

Unless we can get him for a bargain I wouldn't do it. Color me jaded but Yao and Nash wouldn't go anywhere.

13. nebula955

nebula955 Member

If it's, say Hill, Jeffries and maybe a pick, and Rockets are doing well at around the this time, why would you not do this? You're still getting one of the top 5 pgs in the league. The expiring contract makes it completely safe as well, not to mention he's already basically Yao's best friend in the NBA, meaning less chemistry problems compared to, say, a trade for Melo. Besides, if we're already going to go run and gun no defense full force against teams like Golden state, why not just go all the way?