1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NBA.com] Dealing Nash unthinkable?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Juxtaposed Jolt, Nov 9, 2010.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Member

By the way, did anyone else notice that there is a "Dexter" character named after the Rockets' two Arizona guys?

2. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

I would trade Brooks and lowry for him.

3. eman

eman Member

Successful trade: AB, KL, and Shane Battier for Nash and Grant Hill. Maybe Nash could start a few years for us, teach Ish to shoot, then back him up a few years.

4. mickey_angelo

mickey_angelo Member

Why do the Suns do this trade? They don't save money this year, they create a log jam at PG (they also have Dragic), and they'll have to pay AB and Dragic next season while also having a $6M backup.

FYI: if Ish is half as good as some on this board seem to believe so, he's is more likely to be included before both AB and KLow.

5. eman

eman Member

Heck, Phoenix might consider doing that. Get two young guns, and a character/glue guy, to replace their aging stars. Kyle could finally start, or back up Drajic (sp?), and Aaron could play the 2. Shane might still start for them. And the aging Phoenix stars would have a shot at a title in Houston for the next 2-3 years.

6. goodbug

goodbug Member

Nash is a guy that can help a mediocre team to make playoff and maybe win a round, but you can't build a championship around him. He's a big defense liability himself. Defense wins the championship. A big hole will be exposed to death in playoff. In his heydays, Marion had to cover that, and Marion was always ineffective in playoff when chasing speedy PG all series.

7. mickey_angelo

mickey_angelo Member

They could consider it, but I doubt they trade both Nash and Hill without including Turkoglu. I think they'll eventually trade both of them, but it'll probably be separate trades and one will include Hedo.

8. Dei

Dei Member

I'd trade NY's draft picks, Jeffries, Taylor/Patterson, and Brooks/Lowry.

9. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Member

Yes I would but I would probably try to do a deal where we get Hill back in the process otherwise we'd have a glaring hole at SF with just Shane

I'd trade Jeffries, Brooks, Hill, Chase and a future first for

Nash and Hill

seems like its pretty much giving up our immediate future but if Yao is good to go and Nash has 2 more solid seasons in him then its would work out the best for both teams. Lowry would be the best backup nash has had and would allow him to rest more when needed.

Nash/Lowry
    Martin/Lee
    Battier/Hill
    Scola/Hayes/Patterson
    Yao/Miller

The chances for a ring is getting smaller the lakers are still on top but the thunder are only going to get better and they will have either the top player or the second best player in the league soon in Durant.

this doesnt even take into consideration the Heat who i feel is just a matter of a season or two away from winning multiple championships in a row if they stay healthy.

if there is a chance now I say do it if not now its not going to happen in the future with the heat and the possibility of a Paul/Melo/Amare combo in NY

10. StanleyHartwell

The Suns were one suspension or one Joe Johnson extension away from the championship. To say Nash cannot be a center piece to a championship team is just stupid.

Some people are so limited in their intelligence that they think the realm of possible events is defined by past realizations.

11. goodbug

goodbug Member

SHOULDA, HAD, WOULDA, someone lives in ideal world like a 4 years old, and boast about IQ, WTF? Didn't TOF say TMac would be the GOAT had him worked hard and got no injury?

Nash has been in the league for 13 years, if he's really that good, he should have multiple chances to prove it. In reality, Suns lost to the underdog Spurs, twice, and were never in finals.

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Good reply. Those two would certainly help us this season and the next couple of seasons, which should get us through a reasonable "window" with Yao. Nash is playing to his career averages, except for turnovers (which doesn't concern me... it's early in the season and they will come down), and Hill is playing well, more than capable of filling the hole at the 3. Both are highly intelligent, skilled, veteran players who would have an immediate impact on the Rockets. I like it.

You just might give DaDakota a heart attack with the idea! (he can have some of my Lipitor)

13. wekko368

wekko368 Member

So his multiple MVPs don't tell you he was "really that good"?

14. StanleyHartwell

He's not as good as Kobe Bryant, I will give you that. But to say he cannot be a center piece to a championship team, that is as cliche as and lack of substance a statement as any woulda, hada or shoulda

Success in the league is serially correlated with underlying factors such as management and owner. I'm not sure how many real chances the Suns have really given him.

15. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Member

Everyday of the week and twice on Sunday.

16. worzel gummidge

Turkoglu is Sarver's big "Hey Arizona, look I'm spending money on this ballclub" contract to replace Amare's $20M max for half the price.

I'm confident J-Rich won't be re-signed especially since they got Childress locked to a MLE deal this off-season.

There's no need to move Turkoglu's contract on their part as they'll be around the league minimum payroll anyway.

Brooks + J.Hill + Taylor + Jeffries (expiring) + both NY picks

2011-12
    Brooks, Dragic
    Childress, Taylor
    Turkoglu, Dudley
    J.Hill, Warrick, Lawal
    Lopez, Frye

2010-11
    Nash, Lowry, Smith
    Martin, Lee
    Battier, Budinger
    Scola, G.Hill, 2Pat
    Yao, Miller, Hayes

17. goodbug

goodbug Member

Last time I checked, MVP is for regular season. And you don't win championship in regular season.

18. goodbug

goodbug Member

They were favorites to win it all in 05 and 07, with HCA against Spurs and lost both. It's less dramatic, but similar to how Cavs lost to underdogs last 2 years in playoff.

19. StanleyHartwell

"MVP is for regular season." Another cliche. MVPs are highly correlated with ever winning a championship. Other than finals MVP, it is about as good a predictor for championship rings as any indicator can get. Why? of course even a moron knows why.

20. mickey_angelo

mickey_angelo Member

If that's the case, I believe they'll also ask for Budinger, which honestly I'd be okay with.