1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NBA.com] David Aldridge picks Aaron Brooks for MIP

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Cisko, Apr 12, 2010.

1. Cisko

Cisko Member

The article says it all. AB MOST IMPROVED!

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/features/david_aldridge/04/12/morning.tip/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt1

Do you guys agree with this? Cuz I sure as hell do.

Also:
    http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/out_the_shadows_aaron_brooks__2010_03_23.html

2. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

This is the easiest pick of all of the awards. No one comes close to how much AB has improved.

3. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Although I agree with Freidman he works for the Rockets and gets paid to write stuff like this about our players.

If this was coming from another major sports towns writer maybe people would listen but not coming from our own Rockets.com writer.

AB for MIP!

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Heck yes...he has been outstanding this year....improved in every area.

We are lucky to have him.

DD

5. redao

redao Member

I say no MIP for AB. Keep him hungry. He played like a crap last game. The team played like a crap this season.

6. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Member

are you saying our record reflects lack of effort more than lack of talent?

7. abc2007

abc2007 Member

If the rockets made the playoffs, AB would win the MIP for sure.

8. gwatson86

gwatson86 Member

This is what negative rep is reserved for. You can argue (poorly) other players for MIP, but to discount what this team has done blind, willful ignorance.

Or trolling.

Either way, you're horribly wrong and have no idea what you're talking about.

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Do I think he deserves it? Yes.

Do I want him to win it? no.

Last thing we need him to hang over us during contract negotiations.

plus I think They will find a way to give it to Durant.

10. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

NO! I do not agree with his reasoning. The most improved player should be the player who actually improved the most. The only exception should be injury. Otherwise the player who increased his stats and helped his team with his improvement the most should be MIP Simple as that. There many subjectives like increased stats due to another players injury and more playing time for the MIP. It would be unfair to disqualify someone for that yet certainly their improvement came strictly from more minutes.

If you start trying to say this guy doesn't deserve it because he was suppose to be good than you make it a totally different award. MOST SURPISING PLAYER. Certainly Brooks is in the running for that. ANd they could also have MOST SURPRISING ROOKIE. Budinger would be in the running along with Dejuan Blair.

Are how about MOST OPPORTUNIST PLAYER! That player who was given an opportunity for whatever reason and seized the opportunity the most. Mcgrady would lose that award.

Are what about MOST WITH LESS Award. Certainly Scola could qualify for that. Or what about MOST VALUABLE PLAYER who didn't make the AllStar Game or playoffs. Brooks and Scola.

Are how about MOST IMPROVED PLAYER AFTER A TRADE. Martin might qualify.

The point is you would need hundreds of awards if you are going to be so subjective. You can't disqualify Kevin Durant because you expected him to improve, that is stupid. If you do that you might as well rename the award MIP Who ISN"T BEING CONSIDERED FOR MOST VALUABLE PLAYER!

11. Robjos

Robjos Member

he played like crap last game? wich game were u watching, he had a tough time indeed but that in no way means that he layed like crap... makes me wonder if u actually watched the same game as i do...

12. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

I don't have a link but that idiot Mark Stein picked Gerald Wallace for most improved. He's been playing like that for 3 years now. I don't understand that pick at all.

13. abc2007

abc2007 Member

I guess they think MIP should come from MIT (most improved team).

14. choujie

choujie Member

AB is MIP worthy.

15. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Not even close, AB goes from bench guy to borderline all star.

16. _RTM_

_RTM_ Member

Obviously, Carl Landry deserve it more

17. DaneB

DaneB Member

I agree that people shouldn't be nearly as subjective about MIP. It's pretty obvious how to tell who is the MIP simply by looking at the increase in stats and the increase in significance they have made on the court! No matter what the background is behind why they performing better! Just like how Andray Blatche should get MIP next year if he keeps performing at his currentp pace! No matter whether he is playing for a bad team or not!

18. DaneB

DaneB Member

Ha ha. I forgot to add some info on that quote! I didnt agree with that quote because he was basically saying that there was nobody else on the team to help out Brooks! Scola is totally underrated! Also, Landry is also considered one of the candidates for MIP! This Rockets team has talent!

19. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Jon Barry said Hill (spurs) should win because he stepped up for Tony Parker and raised his average ppg from 6 to 12. lmao.

20. Tiger23

Tiger23 Member

ur surprised by this? lol dude this was a foregone conclusion about a month ago

settle down there bub