1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NBA.com] All-Star debate: Lowry vs Parker

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TdashDUB, Jan 26, 2012.

1. TdashDUB

TdashDUB Contributing Member

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/01/26/all-star-debate-parker-vs-lowry/?ls=iref:nbahpt1

Didn't see this posted anywhere else! You know what to do if it was tho!

2. apollo33

apollo33 Member

They both deserve it, parker has been fantastic this season

3. TdashDUB

TdashDUB Contributing Member

Yeah..
    Stat-wise, of course Parker has an edge.
    But has Parker had as much of an impact on his team over all this season the way Kyle has for us???? Or are we numb to Parkers production and overwhelmed by Kyle's emergence as this teams leader???

also, there's a poll on the link.. Since K-Lo can't win the all-star votes at least he can win some kind of poll! :( :grin:

4. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I'd love to say Lowry over Parker... but the truth is its 6 of 1, half dozen of the other, and when its that close, ya gotta give it to the guy with the greater overall body of work...

5. smuduffy

smuduffy Member

I dont think 2 more points a game really discounts that lowry has more assists and 4 more rebounds a game and plays better defense. Have you seen Lowry rip rebounds from PFs and Centers on other teams. I'm not talking about the awkward bounce that falls to the PG. I've seen him go up underneath the basket and come out with a rebound. That is very impressive to see. Even if I weren't a homer, I'd still vote for Lowry just looking at the stats...he's a PG putting up those rebounding numbers

6. Classic

Classic Member

Lowry deserves it over Parker because of his defense.

Where's that fast break layup rejection vid?

7. heartofachamp34

Both of them should go over Westbrook. I don't understand why people are so enamored over another athletic combo guard shoehorned into the wrong position with horrible basketball IQ and little to no PG skills.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Love Lowry but Parker is better.

DD

9. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

10. Htown's2kFinest

Lowry is the better overall player. Lowry should be there. Parker had his time.

11. clos4life

clos4life Member

I agree and I'm a big fan of Lowry. TP is still better, not by much but still is.

12. Htowndg47

Htowndg47 Member

How is Tp better then Lowry? Lowry way better re-bounder, defender and passer, the only thing TP has on KLow is Scoring. By you and DD's logic Melo is better then Lebron because he can score better...u guys kill me

13. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Tony Parker right now. I think Lowry will keep improving, though. He's added to his game the last 3 seasons.

14. kyle_R

kyle_R Member

I want my guard to either shoot better than 40% or average 10+ assists a game. Not saying Parker deserves it over Lowry, but when you can't make 4 out of 10 shots a week before voting ends I'd like to see him make up for it with double digit assists. I can see no problem with people picking either one, Parker's D can't be compared to what Lowry brings.

15. kyle_R

kyle_R Member

Lebron puts up 29.1 ppg at .545%
    Anthony puts up 23.6 ppg at .394%

And you think Melo scores better?

16. Htowndg47

Htowndg47 Member

that is very understandable, but i see a pg in Lowry that's a legitimate triple double threat almost every night, that in its self says a lot, when has Parker ever been a threat for TD ....ever? Lowry's all around game trumps Parker's scoring imo...

17. Htowndg47

Htowndg47 Member

Anthony scoring is horrible this year, but i do believe he is a better scorer then Lebron , because of Melo's Post game and Lebron's lack of a post game, but Lebron Is a way better over all Player then Melo ever will be... i think the same applies with the KLow vs TP Debate

18. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

tough call. as a rocket fan, I want Lowry, but I can understand if Parker goes instead.

19. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

That's not giving the entire picture. There's more to it than that.

20. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Like what?