1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA carousel, the new landscape

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by thelasik, Feb 17, 2010.

1. thelasik

thelasik Contributing Member

Preface: Hoping this thread turns a discussion about the new NBA landscape as a whole. I can't remember the last time there were so many deals at the deadline involving so many teams. Lots of random stuff here.

Trying to keep this list updated...

Teams involved in a trade so far:
    Mavs
    Wizards x2 (w/ Mavs, Cavs)
    Cavs
    Clippers x2 (w/ Blazers, Cavs)
    Blazers
    Bucks
    Bulls
    Knicks
    Wolves

Solid Rumors:
    Rockets
    Knicks x2 (w/ Rockets, Celtics)
    Celtics
    Wolves
    Suns

So far it looks like we don't have any blatantly one-sided deals (aka Pau for Marc, although it isn't too bad in hindsight).

Odd paths (just this weekend):

Gooden:
    Mavs ---> Wizards ---> Clippers ---> Mavs?

Big Z:
    Cavs ---> Wizards ---> Mavs?

Thoughts:
    -I really hope the Cavs win it all this year. This trade helps them out tremendously -- if they make the Finals, win or lose, I think LeBron will be a lock to stay in Cleveland.
    -Remains to be seen where Amare ends up now that Cleveland has their man.
    -If the Mavs can gel, they can make a real push in the playoffs, but that is a major if.
    -Camby to Portland could be huge for the Blazers if he can get over his disappointment over being traded.
    -I haven't analyzed the Clippers cap situation in detail, but they are sitting pretty to make a splash. Lots of cap space.
    -The Wizards...I don't know. They are the new Jailblazers, hope they can turn it around like Portland did.
    -Bulls cleared some cap space in their deal. I really, really hope they can land a top player to pair with Rose this summer. That would be electric.
    -I'll wait for the rumored trades to go down before commenting.

#1 thelasik, Feb 17, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2010
  2. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

You left off Memphis trying to get rid of Mike Conley.