1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NBA All Stars] Voting is Now Open

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ClutchCity3, Dec 10, 2015.

Tags:
?

Will you be voting for James or Dwight this year?

Poll closed Jan 18, 2016.
  1. Yes, James is still the best SG in the league.

61 vote(s)
    58.1%
  2. No, they don't deserve it at all.

27 vote(s)
    25.7%
  3. Maybe, if they manages to win more games!

17 vote(s)
    16.2%
  1. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

2. onreego

onreego Member

According to most Houston fans, we have noone to vote for. :p

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Will be interesting for Harden. If his team doesn't have a winning record by deadline the coaches are not voting him in.

Don't think he'll get starter, Curry has a spot locked in for guard and Kobe will be getting a lot of votes now.

4. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

Here is mine.

[​IMG]

Yeah I am a classic homer..
    I voted for Splitter because I hate the Spurs.

5. HtownRock

HtownRock Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Over the last 2 seasons, nobody has dropped 40 more than James Harden. <a href="https://t.co/cnlSnlK72t">pic.twitter.com/cnlSnlK72t</a></p>&mdash; NBA on ESPN (@ESPNNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNNBA/status/675096482610024448">December 10, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

btw: Kobe has been voted in the last two years

7. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

West.

Curry
    Westbrook
    Durant
    Draymond green
    Duncan

East.

Lowry
    Wade
    Paul george
    Lebron
    Drummond

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

There is zero chance Harden doesn't make the all star team.

9. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I'm pretty sure James is a lock for Allstar regardless. He's avg 29/7/6 with a 57% ts which is higher than lebron James. He also is 3rd in the entire league behind curry and Westbrook in win shares.

Sure he's having a down year but he still playing at a top 10 level. I know he's in the dog house around here but dude is still playing very good offensive basketball just not his standards.

Just imagine if harden was shooting his normal 44/38 percentages? Dude would be avg 32+ a game easy. I think it's coming my fellow clutchfans. The real James harden is about to come out to play very soon.

10. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

Yeah harden is a lock, not sure if he deserves to start though. It's a tough team to pick this year because if the Warriors keep it up. You can see them picking curry, Green and klay.

Durant and Westbrook are near locks

Tim Duncan, kawhi, cp3, Blake Griffin. Kobe probably gets in via the vote.

You have two more spots and one has to go to a big because TD won't be playing much. I'd argue for 2 bigs.

You might see cp3 or Kobe not make it, but I doubt it. Klay seems logical but if the Warriors barely lose they deserve 3. It's tough.

11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Can't believe Harden is in danger of missing the All-Star cut.

12. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

He's not.

13. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Harden's "down" year is better than any perimeter player in Rockets history not named James Harden.

Like if Steve Francis ever had a year like Harden is having this year, #3 would be hanging from the rafters in the Toyota Center.

I hate the Internet sometimes. It just creates feedback loops of extremity. Everything is always amplified.

14. Mr Chuck Norris

If garbage Klay Thompson can start last year harden averaging 30 should start this year

15. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

Klay Thompson isn't getting into the all star game and Harden isn't starting.

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The point people are missing is that if Harden's team is not winning then he is very much in danger of missing the cut, despite his numbers. He would not be the first player to be snubbed because he played on a bad team.

Nearing All-star break you are going to hear Charles Barkley screaming and shouting as he does every year "This player can't go in because his team is not winning." Klay team's is winning.

Look at how the coaches vote, they are much more likely to vote in Klay than Harden because they tend to reward winning.

If his numbers are like this he may still go in, I remember Love went in that one year but it's not a lock if his team is still struggling.

You all are talking about his stats but I'm talking about the team record.

Harden was voted in last year by the coaches, obviously because his team was a top 5 team for most if not all of the year. But Kobe was voted by the fans, Kobe and Curry will be your fans pick especially since this is Kobe's last year. That means Harden is reliant on the coach's pick and if the team is well under .500 and are not seeded then why give him a spot over Klay, Westbrook, Chris Paul?

17. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

I agree, I don't think it's a lock at all. If numbers was all you need, cousins would be a perennial all star. I'd be willing to bet if the Warriors have like a 48-5 record or whatever at the break, they're getting 3 all Stars.

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yep, remember what Atlanta did? Remember the Ben Wallace Pistons years they'd send like 3 every year. One year the whole team went.

Problem with Harden is he's not going to get more votes than Curry and Kobe, Kobe was a lock every year no matter how bad he was last year was still voted in by the fans. He's definitely one now that he's retiring.

At this pace the Warriors are going to have an amazing record. I could see the coaches rewarding Klay and Draymond Green and maybe even Iguodala because when a team is playing that well it's usually what the coaches do.

Harden will be a lock if he can keep the Rockets seeded though, otherwise I personally just don't see it.

Cousins went last year and that was only because of an injury and it was his first time.

19. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

Yeah I'd actually argue AI is their third most important player after curry and green but Klay is going to get it if there's a third warrior.

Last year they were actually pretty dominant still and only got two guys in but this year, the dominance just went to a whole different level and they're pretty much the story of the nba season so far.

20. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

Look like someone is supporting James...

NSFW;)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The same girl

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]