1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA All-Star Game Analysis

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LA_Baller, Feb 16, 2015.

1. LA_Baller

LA_Baller Member

First of all, James Harden should have won MVP. Westbrook was very desperate and had about what? 28 shots? We all know how efficient harden was this game along with his other stats, makes me feel like Houston does not get the attention they deserve. Keep in mind this is the NBA All Star game, not the local park pick up game, I don't care if Westbrook almost broke the record, any player could if they take almost 30 shots in an all star game ( more then half would be wide open shots). Harden dominated and still put a NBA game like stats with the near triple double. Keep in mind Harden was the only Rocket out there. The "overrated brothers" and Westbrook and KD obviously passed to each other the most.

Great to see the legends out there in Dirk and Duncan, the true greats which will have won more rings then all the other players combined.

Seeing President Clinton and Mount Mutombo sitting by each other and enjoying the game was a sight to be seen. Where are the small minded people who thought Mutombo did not deserve to be in the HOF? He is bigger then basketball at this point being how much power he has politically.

It was one the best all star games I have ever seen personally. They broke the record for the most points scored and everyone was pretty much on fire. One thing I noticed that we are missing on the team is a deadly 3 pointer after seeing Korver hit 7 3s. It has been mentioned but it is vital for our success. Dragic does not count as that potential 3 point shooter we may get on our squad. We need a guy off the bench that is deadly from 3, it could decide a playoff series.

Thanks guys for hearing me out ! Over all great game, and great to see the beard dominate and rep HOUSTON spectacularly.

Your thoughts?

2. chongx04

chongx04 Member

My thoughts are that this was an allstar game, no one was trying, and who cares if he got the mvp or not?

3. LA_Baller

LA_Baller Member

You as a member of this forum should care. Curry already won the 3 point shoot out, pushing his case for MVP this season. He has two up on Harden, a better team record as well as being the 3 point champion, although Harden is the leagues leading scorer.

I want Harden to win it all, he clearly deserves the MVP of the season, and I am all for him to win a ring and win that Finals MVP as well. Harden winning the All-Star MVP gives him more attention and brownie points for winning the league MVP. If you have been watching the game as long as I have, you would understand my points. The last person I want Harden missing out on the MVP to is Steph Curry.

4. SportsFanatic

SportsFanatic Member

5 Star Thread

5. photojoe

photojoe Member

Dirk and Duncan have more rings than all the other players combined? 6?

That's five from Duncan....and one from Dirk.