1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA All-Star Friday Night - Team Chuck vs. Team Shaq

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by BEAT LA, Feb 15, 2013.

?

Which team will win the Rising Stars Game?

1. Team Chuck

32 vote(s)
    43.8%
  2. Team Shaq

41 vote(s)
    56.2%
  1. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

#teamShaq
    Damian Lillard
    Kyrie Irving
    Andrew Nicholson
    Klay Thompson
    Harrison Barnes
    Chandler Parsons
    Dion Waiters
    Michael Kidd-Gilchrist
    Tyler Zeller
    Kemba Walker
    *Andre Drummond

#teamChuck
    Anthony Davis
    Kenneth Faried
    Kawhi Leonard
    Bradley Beal
    Ricky Rubio
    Tristan Thompson
    Nikola Vucevic
    Brandon Knight
    Isaiah Thomas
    Alexey Shved

*Andre Drummond out due to injury.

Will Shaq start Parsons at PF? I hope Parsons plays well, but I don't think he will take the game seriously, especially if Shaq plays him at PF.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Make sure to check out the <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23BBVARisingStars">#BBVARisingStars</a> game tmrw night on TNT! <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23TeamShaq">#TeamShaq</a></p>&mdash; Chandler Parsons (@ChandlerParsons) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChandlerParsons/status/302100901030666240">February 14, 2013</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

if Chuck's team wins it will go down as one of the biggest upsets in sport history.

3. rocketsfeeva

rocketsfeeva Member

Lol forreal, that team is turrible.

4. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

I hate this setup. When it was rookies vs 2nd year players there was atleast some sense of pride with the players (2nd years didn'want to loose to the rookies and the other way around. Now it is just 2 random teams playing each other, it will be just as boring as the all star game with absolutly no defense.

5. Shaud

Shaud Member

Yup should have kept it rookies vs. sophomores.

I'd rather see them do this draft thing with the actual all-stars than I would the rookie/soph game.

6. rocketier1

rocketier1 Member

Chucks team has the best bigs especially with Drummond out but Team Shaq has the best/flashiest wing players. It'll be an interesting game imo

7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Think Chuck's team is more well-rounded, don't know why people say Shaq will crush him. Chuck wins.

8. what

what Member

These are my thoughts as well.

Chuck's team will control the points in the paint and Sheved and Rubio will make smart passes to get everybody involved.

Kyrie and Lilliard will be competing with each other to be the star on their squad, so they won't be playing smart basketball.

9. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Just like Blake Griffin last year, I doubt Kyrie plays more than a few spot minutes in this game. I'm guessing it's due to pulling double duty with the actual ASG combined with the notion that this game is kinda 'below' him since he's an all-star and this game is more for the other guys to shine.

As far as this game, that Drummond injury hurts... it's obviously gonna be a 3-point chuck-fest, but somebody has to grab all those boards lol

10. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

My friend won 2 tickets last night, so ill be going! Should be fun. :cool:

11. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

This is the best idea.

12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Nobody on Shaq's team will be able to get a rebound over Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried.

However...there's also nobody on Chuck's team that has a chance at stopping Irving or Lillard.

Shaq over Chuck 140-128

13. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

No poll? Hey Clutch or mods, can you throw a poll on this one? Would love to see what people think.

14. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

And for the record... Chuck is going to beat Shaq in this one off smarts... He chose smart players who will know how to share and run.

15. BooHoo

BooHoo Member

Thank God the game's at 8pm central. I don't have to wakeup early to catch this.

I hate being in a different timezone, ugh.

16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Budenholzer is the coach of team Chuck!? uh oh. This won't be a cake walk for Chandler and company.

17. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Is the TNT vs ESPN two-on-two game still happening?

18. Ultramagnus

Ultramagnus Rookie

With Drummond out, Shaq's team is sorely lacking bigmen.

With rebounding monsters Farried, Vucevic and Davis, team Chuck will surely dominate the glass.

I'd have to go with team Chuck now, more balanced, better defense, rebounding, opposing team does not have the size to match up. It's not as if they are lacking wing players as well.

The Drummond loss was a big blow.

19. Outlier

Outlier Member

MVP of tonight will be Irving.

20. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I see Team Chuck winning this.

Down low it's Nicholson and Zeller v Faried and Vucevic. That shouldn't even be close. And Faried and Vucevic will have The Brow and Tristan Thompson backing them up. Shaq's team has nothing but wing players outside of Zeller and Nicholson.

Only way I see Team Shaq winning is if it becomes a run-n-gun shoot out (which, admittedly, could happen) or if Kyrie, the best player out there, goes off for 40+.

But I still think Team Chuck controls the boards and they win.