1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA 2k7 ?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by forchette49, Sep 26, 2006.

1. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Does anyone know how to change jersey numbers in NBA 2k7? Battier is #41 for some reason... I'm also pissed that Novak, V-Span, and JLIII aren't on the team!!! :mad:

2. KePoW

KePoW Contributing Member

are you on next gen or current gen?

I think I heard earlier today that you can't change jersey numbers on current gen

3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

im sure the updated rosters are already available for download

4. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

I don't know the difference between "gens," just picked it up today at lunch!

I also don't have Xbox Live, so I'm screwed as far as updates go! With Xbox Live, how fast does your modem need to be (kbps/mbps) and how much does Xbox Live cost a month?

5. MrRolo

MrRolo Contributing Member

I cant believe we still can't change player positions! if i wanted Head to be a SG off the bench (simming) i cant :(

#5 MrRolo, Sep 26, 2006
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2006
  6. cons

cons Member

Can anyone confirm the roster update did nothing for the Rockets or am I doing this all wrong?

7. yobod

yobod Member

im on current gen, xbox

i bought it but havent opened it.
    hearing the graphics are just the same, with outdated rosters

should i just stick with 2K6 and return 2K7?

8. NBAHOU713

NBAHOU713 Contributing Member

DUDE! Return 2k7, its exactly the same **** as 2K6. No Lucas, Novac or Vspan on the current rosters. This game is terrible, i knew I should have waited for LIVE!

9. yobod

yobod Member

whoa i wouldnt go that far

im into basketball, not ice skating ball

10. cons

cons Member

I don't know man have you played it? I'm pretty dissapointed as well. I just spent $30 on flashier menus, a glitchier game (ESPECIALLY online) and Marion's ugly shot. 2k7 deffinatley isn't worth the money if you have 2k6.

11. VicVictory

VicVictory Member

By the sound of things, I'm sure glad I got a 360 for NBA 2K7. Current-gen users don't sound too pleased with the new game. Rosters shouldn't be a problem because they always put up Updates of Opening Day rosters. Other than that, this game really is the best basketball game made so far. Teams play just like they do in real life and it doesn't feel scripted like 2k6. If you leave somebody open, they will make you pay. They even have Ryan Bowens signature shot in the game which was hilarious to watch.

12. Samar

Samar Contributing Member

So 2k7 is worth buying for 360? Has anyone played either live or 2k for 360 yet?? any info will help

13. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

I play the 2k7 demo (for 360) and it blew, i hated 2k6. Maybe i am biased, but i love Live. Its just more fun to play, plus i've been playing Live since NBA Live 95 so it brings back memories when playing. For some reason when controlling the players in 2k7 it feels like a "fighting" game to me, i dont know why. It might be the way they move or something. Its boring. 2k6 sucked, i only rented it for the achievements. Live All The Way!! plus Tmac is on the cover, gotta get it!

14. Matchman

Matchman Contributing Member

WARNING to PS2 and XBox users: the current-gen 2K7 does NOT have a signature move for Yao Ming (also: Pierce and Ray Allen)

2K7 has a signature move for the following players in PS2 or XBox:
    Lakers:
    Odom
    Bryant

Clippers:
    Brand

Bucks:
    NONE

Suns:
    Marion

Cavs:
    Big Z
    Bron

Nuggets:
    Melo

Heat:
    Wade
    Walker
    Shaq

Mavs:
    Dirk

Nets:
    Carter

Pistons:
    Prince
    Sheed (Maybe)

Sonics:
    NONE

Spurs:
    Duncan

Wolves:
    Garnett (pretty sweet ani)

Hornets:
    Peja (another awesome one)

Rockets:
    TMAC

Kings:
    NONE

Wizards:
    NONE

Sixers:
    AI
    Webber

Celtics:
    NONE

Hawks:
    Josh Childress

Knicks:
    Marbury (maybe)

15. Drizno

Drizno Rookie

Well, I just finished playing like 3 games on Default Settings. I had already played the Demo since it's released and loved it. I just recently got my 360 about a month ago for the release of this game specifically.

WOW!

What a game.

First thing I noticed was they improved the A.I. and the smoothness of the game.

And T-Mac's Signature moves are SICK. Especially his dribble moves. Try pressing LT while dribbling around the perimeter with T-Mac.

Yao's Signature Jumpshot and Baseline Spin >>> Your mother's cooking.

I must say I am dissapointed about them not having Novak, V-Span, and JL3, but I'm almost sure we will get them in a Roster Update soon enough.

Well... I took a break to let you guys know how it is so far. I'll be back soon to see what others post.

16. Drizno

Drizno Rookie

CLASSIC and very true!

P.S. - I wish I had the equipment to record some clips and put them on youtube.

Ok... back to playing 2K7...

17. MrRolo

After playing it a few hours I have came to the conclusion that Nba 2k7 CURRENT GEN = waste of $30, I feel like an idiot for being excited to play and paying full price for it. I am both a 2k fan and Live fan equally so I'm not trying to bash. I have bought both 2k and Live for 3 years in a row now. DO NOT BUY 2K7 FOR PS2/XBOX DO NOT! 2k6 = SAME with MORE FEATURES!! (2k7 doesn't even have 24/7 at all and no new mode to replace it!! ) The "signature" jumpshot is pointless since the graphics aren't that great to give it a cool factor. And when I say it is exactly the same i mean even THE STUPID RED TOYOTA TRUCK STILL BACKS IN!!! the exact same voice overs and comments sdfjksadfas the little cut scenes that we've seen 2092349043 times are still there! WTF!! How can they forget about current gen-ers when there are more people with current gens than next gens?!?! If you want to feel a little bit smarter today then DO NOT BUY NBA 2K7 FOR CURRENT GEN. thx. I will give Live 07 the same treatment if it deserves it! DO NOT BUY NBADAKJF KAF A

18. Drizno

Drizno Rookie

buy a 360...

19. MrRolo

Waiting for ps3.. :cool:

20. yobod

yobod Member

what if t-mac was on was on the cover of the new Hello Kitty game?