1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA 2k17

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by JayGoogle, Aug 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Caesar

Caesar Member

Agreed. It's usually a full port minus face scan. Just poor online play compared to console. I believe updates are also a problem for PC though. I think they come later and there are fewer updates.

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

[youtube]k1TAZuv5_Qo[/youtube]

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Hmm I'll have to look into it but when you open the app you can sign in through PSN, XBL, and Steam so my guess is that the face scan app does work for PC it's just that the Prelude demo isn't out for it.

Any ways the Prelude demo is meh. The gameplay is great though but the games are so short and you can only play them once.

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Great news PC users, you guys asked and we got you! PC users can use <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/MyNBA2K17?src=hash">#MyNBA2K17</a>’s mobile face scan starting 9/16 when <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NBA2K17?src=hash">#NBA2K17</a> is released!</p>&mdash; Chris Manning 2K17 (@LD2K) <a href="https://twitter.com/LD2K/status/774412077133803522">September 10, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

5. Caesar

Caesar Member

Oh wow. Okay then. That's more like it. I just might buy this game. Though, still on the fence. Don't really care for 2K16 gameplay and this doesn't look that much different. As i said before, i mostly like playing with the legends, and i hate how they have really poorly made models and textures with no signature moves.

6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Thoughts on the prelude?

It was meh, no pre draft interviews/workouts or draft combine. Story/acting still corny (why would they need to add a dead dad) even though not nearly the abomination Spike Lee was.

7. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I can't get the face scan to work well. Most of the time it can't recognize my eyes or my mouth fully, so my face texture ends up having parts of my mouth or visible wrinkles from my eyes on it. It looks ridiculous.

8. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

You probably just got a jacked up face and no one had the heart to tell you.

9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Gamestop doing a 20% extra on trade in towards 2k17.

Cool thing is that you can trade in as much as you want and only have to put $5 towards the actual game, get the rest on card, the extra 20% doesn't stop at $59.99 either. Accessories, systems, electronics all apply.

I got 133 bucks today by trading is a bunch of junk I never use. It's kind of a loop hole, I mean hell someone could just use the trade in bonus and then cancel the pre-order and get the $5 back as well.

10. getsmartnow

getsmartnow Contributing Member

Anyone got this yet? I bought it last night, playing it this morning.

I started on Pro difficulty level, killed the Lakers for 50+. Stepped it up to the next difficulty level (All-Star?) and couldn't hit a thing, Lakers were shooting all over me (defending a pick and roll is impossible), I couldn't play defence (players don't rotate), almost rage quit! But it's definitely a new learning curve.

Having said that, I really like the GM mode where you can redo the previous off-season. I signed Durant and got David Blatt as the coach (he was the best available).

11. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Really liking the game so far. Only played 2 games, but I really like how much more detailed it is with some of the footwork you can do. I was fouling too much which is something I have to get used to with this game, but overall I'm really liking the game thus far. Going to start MyPlayer mode soon.

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

De'Angelo Russel is a point god on this game for some reason...2k devs really think he's going to be a superstar.

but yeah the game is really good. The MyLeague features are pretty neat. I like how you can start in the offseason and try to get Durant :p

13. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

new trade options

harden only a 90?

so far i like it.

14. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

I'll probably wait until Black Friday to pick it up.

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It's an all-time rating.

Curry is 94. 90+ basically means you are a HOF level talent in the game.

16. joesr

joesr Member

Add more lighting in the room?

17. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

Gordon is a ****ing monster lmao

18. TMAC3

TMAC3 Member

Seeing lots of bad reviews on the game. Is it worth buying?

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

User reviews? I would never listen to them. They tend to always have an agenda behind them. If you like 2k basketball then yes you should.

I don't play the online modes though....

Also Curry is insane in this game. I have to give them props for properly recreating him. Many times he'll just jack up a 3 from any where behind the arc and drain it. Any little space he gets behind the 3 point line it's going up.

20. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

That's kind of my concern. In 2k16 the Warriors were so broken it didn't matter who you picked to play against them, because you couldn't guard Curry or Thompson. Perfectly timed block, with hands in Curry's face? Who cares? 3.

While that team was overpowered in real life too, the proof is in the pudding with them eventually losing to the Cavs. I haven't played any of 2k17 (other than a bit of the prelude), but if it's like 16 we'll have to have another "No-Warriors" rule in effect this year I think.