1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA 2k17

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by JayGoogle, Aug 26, 2016.

Tags:
  1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gH5cfEf9IAU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Also they have been releasing some info.

MyCareer Info

Gameplay Info

For Drexlerfan they have overhauled dribbling. Basically to do signature dribbles you have to do them yourself. It all sounds promising but we all basically get a demo on the 9th.

2. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

I love NBA2K, and share the sentiments that last year's MyPlayer was awful. I couldn't finish it.

Did they change the controls again? That was one thing that really annoyed me, I felt like the controls were better than they had been in a long time but, I hope for minor tweaks as opposed to more full overhauls.

I will almost definitely pick it up (I always do because I'm a sucker, like people are suckers for Madden), but I don't think I'll be doing it day 1. There's too many games coming out this month and I don't have time for any of them. Destiny's expansion is day 1 for me though.

3. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am never buying a 2K game again.

4. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

This would be the first year I have actually considered passing on NBA 2K. If career mode is good, I will get it. I haven't read much into the game though.

5. tonyt8605

tonyt8605 Member

What have you heard that is making you consider passing it up?

6. Outlier

Outlier Member

People expect just too much. 2k is a great game every year. They do what they can.

7. infinity-x

infinity-x Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/THFI1tF0TJo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-1ObI2RGXSs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TXampyF9dbE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xuylZ59B60U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1lfBzRfO9pg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The commentary trailer is nuts.

If the new dribbling feels smooth and the improvements of rebounding and post play hold up this is probably going to be the best basketball game ever...barring any major 2k glitches of course...

9. Caesar

Caesar Member

10. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

I always thought it would be a cool little tidbit to be able to pick seats and place yourself in them. That way when a big play happens it could do a cut scene to you (animated or live recorded) reacting to the play. Like if you hit a buzzer beater, it would zoom into your seat location and you would either be really happy (your team playing) or really upset (your opponent hit the buzzer beater). But I guess that can get really complicated.

11. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

They have pre-set cameras, so they'd have to literally create a camera for every single seat in the stadium. For every stadium. Then track all of those cameras by seat.

I wouldn't hold your breath on that one.

12. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

For many years I have been taking the unusual route of playing through a complete career in NBA2k13 (actually playing every game of the 82-game seasons!) I've logged over a thousand hours in it. In general I get the sense I haven't missed too damn much - 2k13 still continues to be one of the more critically well regarded of the series.

At any rate, since I am currently near the end of my 14th season, in which I was already planning to retire and start something new, I went ahead and ordered 2k17 for PC sight unseen. Hope it works out well for me!

13. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Your mistake was ordering a 2K game for PC. Good luck sir.

My rule is if it's a console first title, don't buy it on PC. It almost always ends up bad.

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Deyummm, coach.

15. EssTooKayTD

I have been playing it on PC for the past few seasons, and it's just fine. A few hiccups at launch I've noticed with servers, but besides that, it's been solid. I use my xbox controller and I'm good to go! Load times are so much better too.

16. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

All it takes is one bad release. Hopefully by now their code base is solid enough that there should be minimal issues. Still don't trust PC multiplatform releases.

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jOkJqkSBZp8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The Prelude is out, it's basically just a demo where you can scan your face (through an app) and play like 4 college games to determine your draft position.

Only Xbox-PS4 users though, sorry Caesar...although the face scan app should work for PC because it has a sign on through Steam option, not sure why they just didn't make the demo for PC too

18. Caesar

Caesar Member

2K14 fully modded with UBR is still amazing...pretty much every season and every player ever in the game.

19. EssTooKayTD

Oh in general, you are spot on. Most ports are pretty bad. Thankfully, 2K's have been pretty good. I actually owned the same year game one year on PS4 and PC. They were the same as far as I could tell, except again, for load times. No crashes. Just some tweaking of settings, and it runs smooth and is all good. I think it was even cheaper on PC too! I think the only downside would probably be online play? I'm sure there is a MUCH larger playerbase on consoles.

20. Caesar

Caesar Member

Pretty sure it's confirmed the App won't be for PC users. I believe they have a deal in place with Intel to use their built in intel camera laptops or the new Razr Stargazer(confirmed) http://www.razerzone.com/store/razer-stargazer?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=CPC&utm_content=81&utm_campaign=Stargazer_Store-Page_&gclid=CjwKEAjwu8m-BRDM8KTcjdj8qy0SJACdjSZpp7WZIw52B4GwrAFA2-q3yYKRNMrVQ1w5GcF1n9u9KxoClBvw_wcB

Don't see how $150 is worth it just to scan your face for PC users.