1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NBA 2K15] What if?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by redwhiteone, Sep 12, 2014.

1. redwhiteone

redwhiteone Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/A5AQ2RrCpuw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

What is your "What if?" Time to let the possibilities run wild! A cool feature in NBA 2K15.

Dare I say it...The Dream and His Airness?!:eek::grin:

That would be very unfair for any team.

2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Is this a new feature? Putting players from different eras together on the same team?

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Harden and The Dream on the same squad?

It's time to fap

4. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Nah myTeam isn't new. Just a rehash of the previous collectible card game.

5. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Looks dope.

6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

http://t.co/f0ddklubxo

Some of the ratings

Canaan - 72
    Daniels - 71
    Johnson - 71
    Motiejunas - 69
    Covington - 69
    Gee - 69
    Smith - 68
    Powell - 67

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Jason Terry - 74

8. Jontro

Jontro Member

What if Jerry Lin.

9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Woops forgot another one

Jeff Adrian - 71

10. Hmm

Hmm Member

Hardly... I was doing this back on NBA Live 2000...

Just 2k's way of avoiding doing any actual work on the game... Why fix all that needs fixing when you can just slap a cheap, old option to the game and advertise it as new and innovative... that the usual consumer will eat up...

11. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/G4wNHl-KUX8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. RedRedemption

MyTeam is a collectible card game like Ultimate Team for FIFA series and Ultimate Team for NBA Live series. No its not just roster editing like you are making it out to be.

Lol. They've made some major improvements for sim-players this iteration. MyGM looks outstanding.

13. Hmm

Hmm Member

Well, MyCareer mode needs plenty of work... and so do player animations... to say nothing of the "skating physiques" approach to momentum in what is clearly a non-skating game...

I never bothered with MyTeam in 2k14... as it looked just as you described it, a trading card game... That, and Lebron's "journey", were two things I've simply stayed away from to this day...

In the video I saw no cards, and only in-game footage... Is that how MyTeam works...? You assemble your team through collectible cards and it then proceeds to create a playable match featuring the very players you've assembled via said cards...?

14. Hmm

Hmm Member

skating physics**

15. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Try to get LeBron,Love,WestBrook and Durant in foul trouble (hopefully fouled out) and there will be a 50/50 chance that person quits.

16. RedRedemption

Yeah, graphics and engine wise I think they are done this generation. They made an emphasis on footplanting technology for the new generation but that never really happened; the gap from Xbox360/PS3 to Xbox One/PS4 was not as big as the gap from PS2/Xbox to Xbox 360/PS3. The systems are relatively weak especially compared to PCs. Still happy with the state of the game, especially compared to abysmal NBA Live. The thing they are doing now is improving game logic and AI; which I'm fine with. I don't see them implementing a true to life real time physics engine anytime soon simply because its a) difficult and b) very costly performance wise and c) because of the nature of the physics system, it can get very buggy. While canned animations might not be as fun to play with, it looks a lot better in demoing the game and coming out with previews.

Yeah. You start with a team of crappy cards, play games, beat opponents, win virtual currency, buy trading card packs and slowly upgrade your team. I personally haven't played those game modes that much, but its a HUGE money maker for 2K and pretty much any sports game series since people just buy currency with real money to get cards quicker.

17. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

It is highly addictive once you start hitting the old school packs. I went HAM on some 94-95 rockets packs to get Hakeem! I started off with the crappy players, out playing my opponents, but eventually I ran into teams with real starters and stars on their teams. I played a team of steve blake, terrence ross, jordan hamilton, Andrew Nichols, and some scrub center against the likes of westbrook, jordan, KD, josh smith, cousins, etc. That's when I started buying packs, moving up the ranks, and collecting rarer players! Highly fun, highly addictive, can be expensive. It was the most fun I've had with the game tbh.

18. ChankMcStank

ChankMcStank Member

Skating Simulator 2K15