1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA 2K15 vs. NBA Live 15

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by RedRedemption, Sep 6, 2014.

1. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/w-8vL1r4pU8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/kDgMF8ElOzY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Live finally looks decent.

2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Live looks great, i'm excited for it.

The 2k trailer turned me off, all it has is a bunch of auto animations, i'm so sick of the animations. Really hoping Live can step it up.

3. RedRedemption

4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I saw that, pretty trippy and cool.

Live has a long way until they catch up with the in game detail of 2k, but i feel like Live also has the potential to grow into a much better game at the same time. It's presentation foundation will easily surpass 2k's, the graphics are catching up and the organic dribbling system, if can be perfected, will be amazing. That's specifically why i'm rooting for Live, the organic dribble, drive, layup/dunk, defense system is what i'm dying for after playing 2k's preset animations for 5 years now.

5. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

I do not understand why every year this thread comes. 2K is the best game, hands down. EA only has one great sports game, FIFA. Live hasnt been relevant for nearly 10 years, Madden lost it's luster when NFL 2K got canned (lost their license) I do not mess with NHL, MLB, Tennis, MMA, Golf, etc.

6. RedRedemption

But look at those Live 15 graphics. :eek:
    Animations still look like crap, but one day they might figure it out.

7. LCAhmed

This is what you'll be getting, but just prettier graphics.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/klrRbTdTZVA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Every year people say they're excited for NBA Live because they're tired of 2K.

Every year people get disappointed for buying NBA Live because it's just not nearly the game 2K is.

9. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Live definitely looks a lot better this year, but having Damian Lillard as your cover athlete is an instant deal breaker for me. It still hurts even after a few months :eek:

Will probably grab 2K15 when it has its eventual black friday discount.

10. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

Not sure why people are saying Live looks better. The actual gameplay footage looks awful. The animation is still worlds behind 2K, and I assume that the control scheme is still inferior to 2K. I personally don't plan on buying either. I'm done with buying a new sports game every year.

11. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I don't like any of this new GM, my player, owner crap that all these new games have. I don't care at all what the price of popcorn is or how many billboards I still need sponsors for. I'd like them to at least keep a simple feature such as creating a player, adjusting his ratings to whatever I want, sticking him on my favorite team and playing a season. Barebones. This was not available on the next gen version of 2k14. The game was pretty but I just didn't have any fun with it. Madden 15 has all the new gimmicky stuff but keeps the creation options pretty old school which I like. Hopefully future NBA games do the same.

12. RedRedemption

If you want barebones buy it for the last gen consoles. :p
    Personally the amount of immersion with the MyCareer and MyGM modes are pretty ****ing amazing.

13. LCAhmed

Probably going to <s>torrent</s> buy 2k15 for the PC since it's going to be next gen graphics.

14. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

havent bought Live since T-Mac was on the cover

15. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I don't have a problem that all that stuff is there, it just shouldn't be too hard to leave the feature I'm asking for. I mean every nba game from NBA live on Snes onward has had it.

16. Panda23

Panda23 Member

this

/thread.

2k destroyed live so badly that had to STOP MAKING THE GAME. it'll be a while before the product becomes anything like 2k althought 2k has sorta plateaued.

17. RedRedemption

I just want competition for 2K so that 2K has an incentive to keep improving every year. I don't care much for Live since I'm a PC gamer anyway and really only have one choice regardless.

NBA 2K has introduced MyLeague which is pretty much like association mode from 2K14 with even more customization options to play the league how you want it. Its pretty much barebones and 2K should have a lot more barebones features returned from last-gen 2K.

18. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

and even when live came back, 2k still shiitted on it. EA had 3 years to prep for next-gen and failed miserably... its a broken game that they keep trying to pretty up..

19. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I'm okay with that. 2K is a really great game, IMO. Has some things I wish they'd fix, but overall it's consistently fun, and lightyears better than anything NBA Live will ever put out.

20. BinBinRingRing

Champ vs Chump