1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA 2K15 is damn near unplayable online (PS4, XB1)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Swishh, Oct 14, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Swishh

Swishh Member

To those on the fence of getting 2K15, if you like online multiplayer, do not buy the game until you are sure the issues are gone. The game suffers from severe input lag in online matches of all types - MyTeam online games, MyPark, Online Ranked, etc.

Anyone else here having a horrid experience with it? It's a good game, and if it weren't for the online issues, it'd be one of my favorite 2K games. MyTeam is really fun, but I really wish I could play online without input lag.

(And before anyone suggests, no, it is not my TV since 2K15 is the only game I have input lag issues with)

2. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

Could be your peasant dial up internet?

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

It's been working just fine for me. Had some issues on the first day, but it's been good ever since.

4. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

i never play sports games online... i always have had problems with people quitting or lagging every time i have tried so i just gave up.

5. Swishh

Swishh Member

So, out of all the games I own, 2K is the only one that gives me input lag, and it must be my internet?

BTW, a lot of people on Operation Sports and reddit are complaining about the same thing.

I'm just warning people not to buy the game if they are heavy on online in 2K.

@ J Sizzle - which system do you own, and which online modes have you not had a laggy experience in?

6. Jontro

Jontro Member

So 2K15 is good for PC since I won't be playing online? Worth the pirate route?

7. Swishh

Swishh Member

Yes, I would recommend buying the game if you only plan on playing offline.

8. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

The server is constantly offline. Matchmaking is really bad too.2k has always had this issue. Its the only game I own where I don't enjoy the online experience.

You're used to the input lag (and I actually am) if you genuinely believe the online game modes play even remotely close to what it plays like offline

9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I'v been dropped from a couple of online games, a couple of times I couldn't connect to the server (I just switched to MyCareer if so) and the park was unplayable for the first 2 days, but besides that, servers have been just fine for me, nothing i'd really complain about.

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Xbox One for me. I strictly play Online Ranked matches, which have worked just fine, but I can't speak for things like MyPark, MyTeam, etc.

11. Swishh

Swishh Member

This is what it boils down to.

12. bigben69

bigben69 Member

I am constantly getting dropped games and server unavailable messages. Really annoying. Every other game works great online that I have.

13. So Good

So Good Member

me neither...strictly franchise or myplayer, if that. Same goes for any other games.

14. DuDDleyDawsonII

I cant play the park online anyone eles have this problem .2k 14

15. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

glad i didnt buy this game

16. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

I honestly regret buying this game digital. I want to at least get some sort of money for it. I hate to say this, because I haven't bought one of their games in years, but I might just get NBA LIVE 15. FIFA 15 has great servers

Also, MYGM is terrible. It's hard as hell to simulate. Stop interrupting my simulation to let me know someone is coming to town and we should change the line-up.