1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

NBA 2K14 Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mikennite, Jul 26, 2013.

1. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

From all the info I have found, the PC version is based on current gen, though there are typically lots of mods to improve the PC version visuals.

2. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

Is it just me , or are there a ton of turnovers happening in the game ?

3. HOUSTONJS

HOUSTONJS Member

Huge upgrade in my mind, took a lot to get use to in terms of the controls but it is noticeably more realistic. I'm not dropping 50 points and 20 assists like I use to do, easy. I find that they actually kinda force you to use the play sets to get the most out of the game which I am all for.

Playing mycareer, wasn't drafted by the Rockets but they are killing right now. They are 7-1 thus far throughout the season

4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I mean...don't turn the ball over...

5. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

You can't force your way into traffic anymore.

6. clubberclyde

clubberclyde Member

Liking it so far. Omer and Dwight are so good together.

7. rocketsfeeva

rocketsfeeva Member

Gameplay is a lot more realistic now, so that's a plus other than that the game is pretty much like 2k13. Maybe it's just me wanting more from 2k but whatever I'll deal with it. Controls take some getting used to though. Ended up getting drafted by dallas. WTF lol

8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Part of that problem is because players pass the ball with the strength of 8 year old girls since 2k12, it's terrible. I know you can adjust and play safe passes, but I feel like the developers missed a point when I play an NBA game and the guys pass worse than I did with 14.

Also, I like the idea of My Team, but paying ridiculous salaries for the better players really increases the number of guys paying money for coins and therefore making it really tough to compete on higher levels. FIFA was way better in that regard, no salaries and you barely get star players in the packs, meaning you won't constantly face super teams.

This year is kinda messed up. FIFA and 2k with huge flaws, the first year I probably won't buy any of the two.

9. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Hate the new controller configuration. I never changed from the configuration in 2K12 to the dumber one in 2K13. Does anyone know how to switch this current configuration to be like the one from 2K12?

10. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

So what changes did they make to the controls? Is it different than 2k13? And if so, why do they keep changing it?

Once I got used to it, I thought the config in 2k13 was perfect.

11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

You can change back to 2K13, which honestly wasn't that different from 2K12 at all, but I doubt you can go back to 2K12 controls fully.

12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Basically, your dribbling and shooting both come from the right stick. You can still use the X button to shoot, but using it on the right stick helps you go from dribbling moves straight into shots in a more fluid way. I like it, but it definitely takes 3-4 games or so to get used to. But you can go back to 2K13 controls if you want, though I've heard you can't throw alley oops for some reason in that control set, though that could be wrong.

13. TheShooter

TheShooter Member

How do you change it back to 2k13 please?

14. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Wasn't that the controls from 2k13? The right stick is used for Isomotion and you use right stick + LT to switch to shoot. That's the same as 2k13 right? At least thats the config that i've been using...

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Correct. Except now, the only difference you don't have to hold LT. It's a lot more familiar than most are making it out to be.

16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I haven't done this myself, so I could be wrong, but I think if you go to options and then controller settings, press the right trigger until you get to the "Isomotion" settings.

17. Scionxa

Does anyone know what happened to the spin move you could do by pressing O(circle) real quick twice (on PS3). It's different than the spin move you do with the isomotion

18. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Damn. I don't even know if I want to put in the effort to learning the new controlls.

Stay posted, I might just be looking to sell my game here soon!

19. Scionxa

Yeah, overall, it's an okay game. I'm looking forward to next-gen for NBA LIVE 14 and see what they have brought to the table

20. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I wasn't ready for the control change and stunk it up in the rookie showcase. Got drafted 28(lol) by the freaking spurs. These controls are a bit difficult getting used to by i kinda like the challenge.

You can't just drive thru people anymore, it leads to a lot of turnovers, which is more realistic and i like it.