1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA 2K14 Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mikennite, Jul 26, 2013.

1. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

I'm still crazy frustrated with MyTeam tourney mode (all bronze tourney). The CPU is mad cheap. My guys can't hold on to the ball, theirs are the best ball-handlers in the history of all basketball. My guys can't rebound, and if they do, the ball literally jumps from their hands to the other team. Loose balls 99% of the time go to the other team, even if the ball is surrounded by 2-3 of my teammates. Open 3 by Watson that is something like 87 on threes? I miss. Timing and shot quality are good. Contested 3 by Barry, swish for them.

I'll win the first game or two, and then get eliminated. And I only win the games out of sheer will b/c of all the cheap tactics from the CPU.

This HAS to be coded into the game as "difficulty" and is super lame. Esp if the bronze tourney is supposed to be "PRO."

I play Domination mode and do better, trying to get 3 stars and I fare much better there. Most frustrating game mode period for me.

2. joesr

joesr Member

Sounds like myplayer for me, dudes a 7'2 center with max rebounding and multiple rebounding perks and I only average 2-4 rebounds a game, its BS.

So different from the non next gen, including 2k14. Hate the next gen version

3. Hmm

Hmm Member

Is there any way to use MyPlayer in Association mode, or MyGM mode...?

4. joesr

joesr Member

No for association.
    In MyGm, your myplayer is the face for the GM, but no to playing.

The only other thing you can do with your myplayer is play at the park, but on next gen, that wait time sucks. Calling next sucks~

5. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

I hate the my gm mode, just saying but it's crappy

6. Hmm

Hmm Member

Well, that's disappointing... What about the create a player/team option under the "Manage Rosters" option...? Those can be used in association, just like edited rosters, correct..?

7. joesr

joesr Member

Don't quote me, but the roster editing is gone for the next gen. Never really messed with it so I can tell you much for current gen. But if this is what I think youre talking about, its the same thing many people are complaining about on other forums.

8. joesr

joesr Member

I love it. Only thing I wish they would change is the use of VC. I cant send my people to summer camp for training anymore and also very limited on facilities.

If they would give you VC for simulated games, then maybe.

9. Hmm

Hmm Member

Terrible... Good thing I'm waiting a year before deciding on either current gen system... Are you just not going to acknowledge the ps4/xbox one as current until the previous systems stop being supported...?

The option is still clearly available on the xbox 360 version, I just haven't gotten around to using it, so I'm not sure on the details whether or not created teams/players are stored along with your edited roster for Association/MyGm play... or only viable for single season mode...

I'm still quite occupied with MyPlayer (I've been playing every game), and of course online team-up once in a while... I rather not spread out my earned VC... I'm doing one mode at a time for the purpose of concentrating earnings on one thing... Once MyPlayer is maxed out in the areas I want him to be, I'll be moving on...

That's pretty much why I'm asking about this now... I'm pretty close to my goals as far MyPlayer's ratings...

10. joesr

joesr Member

lol, maybe when more of my friendslist is on it? Idk, just faster then typing 360/ps3 (compared to current...or so I thought?, hahahha)

Some changes are good for myplayer (story mode, a ton more to buy with VC) and some are not (online park mode, wait time is fricking horrible, a ton more to buy with VC)

I think the one thing I hate the most about myplayer now that I think about it the change to rebounding. Both 360 and One, I play a 7'2" center. 360 I was a rebounding beast, One I average 4 rebounds (maxed skill with perks). GAWD! :mad:

11. Hmm

Hmm Member

I average 4 rebounds as a defensive wing... That's terrible... I've heard the current gen version of the game has a lot of bugs...

My biggest problem is the rating system and how your FO values a player's rating more than his current contributions to the team... Also, how it's at the same time nullified during the course of actual gameplay, if the player it pertains to is under 6 feet tall...

My Player's GM simply refuses to trade away Ty Lawson... Despite his ratings, he's been a huge liability defensively... almost every player simply shoots over him... He's very mobile yet for some reason has trouble staying with his defensive assignment more often than not... He has the tendency to go into Allen Iverson mode on the offensive end and fail repeatedly - can't tell you how many possessions/leads he's cost us... Last but not least, he often refuses to shoot the open outside shot when I get him that open look... and refuses to pass to My Player when he cuts to the basket, no matter how capable his rating is in ball security, catching, and the low post shot, or how open he is... We managed to trade for Michael Carter-Williams... who's been MUCH better defensively, plus is a constant mismatch at the point due to his height... and in the 5-8mins coach tosses him every game, he's already passed it to My Player when he cuts more times in a couple weeks than Ty Lawson has the entire season... it's ridiculous...

Magically, his overall rating keeps on an upswing... despite clearly showing parts of his game on the decline... He's the only guy on our team that has had under 40% shooting nights...

Finally, I've asked for a trade... I was hoping to give this team a chance, but management is clearly incompetent... The GM has managed to trade for players in my list three times over... two of them more competent point guards like MCW and Kyle Lowry... but, they obtained Lowry by giving away Javale McGee when he FINALLY returns from the injured list and right after his first game where he gave us 24 points 15 rbs and 3 blocked shots... JUST so Lowry can ride the bench with MCW, STILL in favor of Lawson...

Good lord!

We've been in and out of the 8th seed this entire season, once made it as high up as the 7th seed, thanks in great part to the quality play of My Player when we win - shutting down Kobe TWICE was a treat, and no other SG is averaging the number of steals and blocks My player is, plus giving 6.5 assists a game and 20ppg on better than 44% shooting - and of course, to Lawson when we lose... Yet the FO is pro-Lawson ALL the way... Ridiculous having to hear the announcers talking about how the opponents gameplan is to focus on stopping Ty Lawson... with his poor shooting, and less than 11ppg average.. Not to mention he's averaging more turnovers than assists...

At any rate, to end my rant... I really hate the lacking realism in this game... especially when it comes to trades and management...

12. Hmm

Hmm Member

Oh, and btw... just to further my point on that lacking realism...

JaVale McGee, after that stellar game in his first return from injury... was traded away, while Faried, Hickson, and Scola are on the injured list... That's right, all the capable players in our front court... No FO in the NBA would do this...

13. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

Why does EVERYONE quit??

14. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

No joke. The only games i ever finish are the ones i lose. People take video game stats way to serious. It's like the game is being played for money.

15. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

I don't see why people are having so much trouble rebounding. I am a 6'1" PG averaging around 6 RPG with an average around 10 over my last 20 games. My rebounding stats, hands, and vertical are all maxed out though at their respective levels.

As far as the Lawson thing goes (or any other ranking system), the 2K value system has always been based on player rating and potential. The stats of the season are more or less irrelevant as far as gauging a player's value within the game. I was behind Trey Burke on the depth chart even though I was killing his numbers. I finally got the starting nod once my overall rating was above his. This is nothing new in 2k. I also became the go to guy once I passed Favors' overall rating.

The game is buggy, but I am really enjoying it for the most part.

I do stay away from online play though, because it has always sucked. People quit or you play against the Heat or Thunder every game.

16. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

yea I am averaging 10rpg as an athletic SF. I do wish they factor in the season performance a bit but can't have it all, it is a video game.

17. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

Definitely. I'd much rather it be based off of the rating if it was an either/or situation. If it was stat-based, then my whole my player team (excluding my guy) would have terrible ratings.

18. joesr

joesr Member

Play a big man and come back at me. My small forward can rebound and isn't even maxed more than my center. The smaller guys seem to have a faster reaction to you pressing the jump button.

If you don't find it canny that you can outrebound a taller guy on average I don't know what to explain to ya.

19. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Weird. I had little trouble winning in the Western Conference tournament, and I think the level was supposed to be All-Star?

20. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

do you box out? i'm sure it also depends on the settings you play at. I'm on all star and simulation. I'm 6'10 SF with vertical maxed out and have quickness pretty high. If your guy jumps slow and don't box out, that might be your issue. Like when people use to outrebound Yao all the time.