1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA 2K14 Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mikennite, Jul 26, 2013.

1. jcee15

jcee15 Contributing Member

So I got this on the xbox1. Never played a lot of sim bball besides nba jam. Anybody wanna teach me some nuiances? GT: electricfelt

2. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

If playing MyCareer enable dunk package or you won't be able to dunk.
    Do NOT hold left trigger on defense, only use it to position yourself, if you hold it and you will be burned to the basket every time.
    Use the right joystick to shoot free throws, it's a heck of a lot easier to get your timings down.

3. joesr

joesr Member

unless in post

4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

^ hey guys what do i do with my arms? Do i extend them when i play d or no?

I suck at one at one D, i always have to play off ball online.

I usually held the left trigger and extended my arms which leads to me getting blown by but sometimes it forced a pick up or contested a shot.

5. Hmm

Hmm Member

Extend them to cover your man from the pass, but only if it's a player that warrants playing him tightly off the ball - same goes for on the ball... The trick in not letting him maneuver around you when you play him closely, is to anticipate his intention - this is obviously achieved by knowing the player you're guarding and his strengths... watch for open lanes, be aware of your teammates positioning of course..

I wouldn't extend the arms on non-shooters out on the perimeter, or savvy passers that are a driving threat... leave them room, just don't sag off them entirely, and play the passing lanes... And, of course, make sure you're always facing your man...

For elite players that can shoot the outside shot, and are a driving threat... it's entirely up to your anticipation... Learn to alternate, to moderate your approach... Use your arms sparingly, teasingly towards his options when he's in isolation, but don't over-commit... Go easy on the speed/turbo button when defending, unless you can anticipate where he's going or he'll cross you up, leave you looking like a novice while he get's an easy drive to the basket..

1 person likes this.
  6. Hmm

Hmm Member

There is also the "double team" option when called for...

On a side note... Anyone yet to experience being kicked from a game, placed on "administrative timeout", and given "unsporting" bad rep for essentially telling online teammates to play to their strengths...?

7. joesr

joesr Member

Another problem with the next gen game :(
    Cant sim past the first round in myGM

Finished my games, now waiting....and waiting.

8. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Yeah that happens when you finish your series before the team you face in the next round finishes their first round series.

It's a huge problem and incredibly stupid.

9. TheBrownDude

TheBrownDude Member

Does anybody still get the game session no longer exist error on the 360. I used to get it on 2k13 and got frustrated. Does anyone know how to fix it? Much appreciated.

10. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

This game is trolling the hell out of me:

1. Drafted by the Kings (K, whatever)
    2. Demanded trade - traded to the Bucks.
    3. Demanded trade #2 - system states the Rockets are the #1 team interested. I say I'm only interested in them. Result: Traded to Mavericks.
    4. Demanded trade #3 - same deal here, says Rockets are frontrunners. Result: traded to the Timberwolves.

I'm going to end up on every damn team except the Rockets.

11. Pizza_Da_Hut

I've had a similar thing happen to me. How the hell do you enter free agency? I'm already in 2017!

12. joesr

joesr Member

1. Drafted by the Kings
    2. Demanded a trade (only because Im a center and the second best player is cousins who they now give 12 minutes a game, wtf! Play him at the 4 you stupid coach) but I got traded to OKC (although I picked Rockets with them at the top of my list as well)
    3. Im staying in OKC at least this year to get a ring.

I believe you have to play 3 years then you get FA

13. Pizza_Da_Hut

Not true. I'm on my fourth year. If you go look at the contract section of your team it lists your contract amount as well as which year is a team option/player option. Apparently I'm locked up until 2021!

14. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

What if you demand a trade and select the Rockets as your 2nd targeted team instead of first. I went:

1. Rockets
    2. Heat
    3. Bulls

And got traded to the Wolves (random) at first. Then when I demanded a second trade I requested the same 3 teams and went to the Heat.

That may help, may not. Good luck!

15. joesr

joesr Member

wtf? that's a 6-7 year contract.

on 360, I played 3 years...

im on next gen and the xbox one just resets when I play the all stars.... sigh

16. joesr

joesr Member

Is anyone experiencing where the game resets back to interactive home screen?

17. Pizza_Da_Hut

Last night that happened to me to. Not sure what the fix is.

18. joesr

joesr Member

Is it happening a lot? Like mine is happening in myplayer all the time now. Just that mode. I can play quick, mygm, or myteam all the way. But like 30 seconds into the game it resets.

19. Christopher

Christopher Member

I got this game on the Xbox One and it was so buggy. I started searching online and apparently there are all sorts of issues with the next gen versions on this game.

I returned my game and got a refund. I've been seeing their have been more issues lately after a patch was released. Apparently the patch might have made things worse.

It's worth having a look at the official 2K forums if you are having problems. You'll see how many people are either having problems, or simply can't play the game at all.

20. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

Myteam online is pathetic.

Everyone has 12 gold people and it's so Laggy online (and I have amazing internet)

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the other problems with this game, but I'm not happy about myteam