1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA 2K13

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mr. 13 in 33, May 30, 2012.

1. cdain3

cdain3 Member

[​IMG]

What the fck is wrong with EA? This game looks horrible.

:eek:

2. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Cant even begin to start picking this apart....

3. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

EA Sports responds: "The video appears to be captured from a pre-alpha build months ago and is not an official EA SPORTS release. It does not represent a final build or feature set for NBA Live."

4. Awesome

Awesome Member

Of course they're going to say that but they said that same thing when the Venice Beach Elite videos were posted and we all know that was a final build

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Holy crap it would be hard to get an offensive rebound on that game.

6. Awesome

Awesome Member

lol That's true too, but their rebounding has always been that bad...it even goes as far as a guy jumping up without bending his knees like he's on a pogo stick and he'd just while the ball is coming off the rim, but it just drops to the floor... matter of fact there is an instance in this video where that happens

7. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

This means nothing at all. That game even improved would be complete trash. EA's core engine for NBA Live has been bad since NBA Live 06 when they started the new-gen of NBA Live games.

8. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

Didn't they say they changed the engine? It looks the same to me..

9. ItsMyFault

EA's been known to say a lot of bull**** over the past 8 years to try and sell their game. I'm wouldn't be surprised if they did say that, and even if they did change the engine.. it doesn't look like it's any better than the previous.

10. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

That game would be so good if the animations weren't such a godawful thing to look at. Not to mention the gameplay feels like hockey if players sliding and gliding all over the floor and I hate how gravity seems to feel like its ten times multiplied real-life gravity since as soon as you peak on your jumpshot you come speeding downwards.

11. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

You would think they would pretty much fire most of the team working on the game and start over from the ground up. They had that opportunity afte Elite.

EA Sport's time has come. Like Acclaim or Midawy before it the company has become a breeding ground for suffering and injustice. It is beyond saving and must be allowed to die. This is the most important function of the League of Shadows. It is one we've performed for centuries. Ea Sports... must be destroyed.

12. RedRedemption

That's what they did.
    IIRC, this team is completely different from the team that did Elite. I think this is the team that worked on Hockey and Soccer... which is great if they were making a hockey or soccer game, but terrible for making basketball games.

I think I heard that not a single developer has much experience in the game of basketball.

13. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Live 13 is developed by a completely new team/developer studio, they screwed up as well.

14. Han Solo

Han Solo Member

Wow, pathetic. No wonder i noticed the FIFA type look to the player models. They are doomed. Well..i guess kids enjoy the arcadey lameness of their games.

15. da_juice

da_juice Member

Anyone else worried 2K will get complacent like the Madden people once EA basketball is dead(er).

16. ItsMyFault

I would be. That's why I'm disappointed with EA. Competition is supposed to challenge each company to make their game better than the other.. without that, they don't really have anything to beat. I just hope they don't over-do things in the future.

17. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Wait...you mean you're worried that they might make 2K even buggier and put even less thought into some of the gameplay features? I didn't think that would be possible.

(yes, in comparison to Live, 2K is practically perfect, but I'd still expect better)

18. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Imagine 2k with van gundy :eek:

19. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

I agree. Online play is atrocious.

Live should just copy the core gameplay 2k ,add their presentation, and online servers.

20. RedRedemption

My dream would be for 2K to obtain both the ESPN and the TNT licenses.
    Kevin Harlan and Steve Kerr commentating for TNT games (**** Clark Kellog)
    Mike Breen and JVG commentating for ESPN games.

I would pay good money for a Shaq-Barkley-EJ-Kenny TNT halftime show as well. :p