1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA 2K13

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mr. 13 in 33, May 30, 2012.

1. da_juice

da_juice Member

I'll get it- just not tomorrow. I'll probably get as a birthday gift.

2. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

I hear ya. Yeah well to be honest PC gaming for sports is really big outside the US. When I went to Jordan last summer, everyone was on PES 2011 for PC and hardly anyone touched FIFA 11 for PC. But then of course all the PC Games were torrented and or ripped and put on a CD and sold for $1. Funny how business works overseas.

Anywho I agree on the bundle system part, I just imagine people wouldnt be too happy having to wait and download 32gb worth of game to their system.

3. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

The trend these days is to preload data for popular downloadable games. Let customers download 98% of the game in the weeks leading up to release, then release the last part of the download on release day. Instantaneous play pretty much. Game streaming seemed to be taking off too, but with OnLive being turned off and Gaikai being bought by Sony, not sure that will really go anywhere for a while.

Don't think 2K does this (I've never gotten any of their games on PC on launch I don't think), but they could. That could help with piracy too.

Also, I don't think 2K would add up to 32GB. Maybe closer to 3.2GB (probably 4GB-6Gb in reality, but that doesn't work as well in a reply). Any game that has a 360 version will probably be under <10GB on PC (barring multiple discs on 360, or some crazily compressed assets on 360...or both)

4. LCAhmed

XBOX 360 games are huge. They are compressed like crazy to the disc and are i guess unzipped via the XBOX themselves. Games that are on 360s are 10+GBs easily.

Doesn't really matter though. I saw the 2k13 tv ad they just ran (an hour or 2 ago on ESPN) it looked Sick! I just hope the new control scheme doesnt suck, otherwise I am going back to the old style!

5. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

As compressed as the games are on 360, they can be just as compressed if not more so when downloading them (as noted, the 360 data on disc is compressed, but the PC version can be packed a bit more then "unpacked" onto the HDD...then decompressed further in-game). 360 is limited by the 8.5GB DVD limit (actually less due to security features, but MS improved this a bit and I forgot what it is now...used to be 7GB IIRC). A lot of 360 games do come in around 4GB-6GB (compressed of course). I've not really thought about this, nor have I worked in this field, but if you want to be technical, I suppose the final "RAW" data of everything on the disc would certainly be 10GB+. Or even 100GB+. Never really looked into it since it is kind of pointless (unless you're deving games I guess), but I was under the impression the uncompressed data is pretty massive for games.

The actual downloaded files of games are usually compressed as much as possible, and for good reason.

(Note: Compressed does not mean worse quality in all cases, especially in the case of downloading games.)

6. JD88

JD88 Member

The thing I hate most is having to adjust the sliders to make the game realistic. I played 2k12 religiously over seas but I hated having to make the quarters 8 minutes long, put it on superstar, turn down the computer offensive rebounding and FG efficiency, turn up my pass accuracy. And then have to do a whole different set of sliders for when I'm playing on the same console for a friend just so the rebs, FG attempts, % all seem real.

7. da_juice

da_juice Member

Yeah, that's my biggest compliant by far.

8. rawool

rawool Member

I'll probably be getting the game tonight. If anyone wants to play tonight, hit me up.

XBL Gamertag: rawool plus

9. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

For xbox live 2kers look for a new online association thread started by me or J Sizzle to start up sometime tomorrow.

10. LCAhmed

Looking forward to it. I have no played online association though :( I hope there isnt a big learning curve?

11. tonyt8605

tonyt8605 Member

I'll be getting it at midnight for PS3

12. VanityHalfBlack

I'm getting mines shipped from Best Buy today, I sign up for their gaming club so I can get that $20 gift card for pre-order games
    My PSN tag is: thekatoshow

13. Ashcoza

Ashcoza Member

one thing people will notice, Anthony Davis is vastly overrated?
    I've seen him average 18-10-2 his rookie year

the guy averaged 15-10 in college, now move into people who are 5 times stronger than him...it will be a work in progress, but he becomes a superstar in his first year in this game.

its cool, the new controls make it more fun, but it loses its appeal in terms of association as its essentially the same thing

14. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

Will be getting it tomorrow after work for xbox. Can't wait. Haven't bought a 2k game since 2k10

15. tonyt8605

tonyt8605 Member

My PSN tag is: TmacRice

16. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

a learning curve to online association? Think offline association but with real people. it's very simple

17. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Huge learning curve. Different controls and everything :p

18. LCAhmed

have there been issues with quitters or cheesers? I would imagine if its a clutchfans association it might be more tolerable.

19. LCAhmed

figures :( Guess I'll just have to be the bobcats for the association and that'll cover my horrible skills for the season

20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

No learning curve at all. It's simply just like normal offline association, but with people controlling the teams. No differences at all.

Just fantasy draft, and then keep up with your games and there's really nothing complicated about it. It's highly enjoyable when there's a lot of people involved.