1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA 2K13

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mr. 13 in 33, May 30, 2012.

1. bigben69

bigben69 Member

Im just critical cause I play a lot of 2k. At least one game a day. I played the demo online and even though I was winning every time, I just wasn't having as much fun. It really did just seem ridiculous. Spinning and flailing allover the place but ended up in perfect position to score every time. So I guess a somewhat controlled flailing. The passing seemed better to me. The other teams had no problem passing full court with no steals though. The blocks felt better but when I looked at it, I wasn't getting any more or less than 2k12. I know it will be a good game in the end but I dont remember being this down on a 2k demo in years. Like I said earlier, double tapping the hop step button is too unstoppable. Its like old Live when I would shoot 95% with Mo Taylor by jumping through everyone with the hop step.

2. arjun

arjun Member

so NBA player spin out of bounds? or away from the basket ???

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

It's important to remember it's a demo, it's only on pro difficulty, it's an older build, and they have openly said that they are aware of complaints and are working on patching them before the release. I'd calm down and just see what the real game is like, because demo's never do justice.

4. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

[​IMG]

5. bigben69

bigben69 Member

Towards the basket fortunately. You can spin through an entire team pretty easily. Yes it is just a demo, I know. It will get better

6. Awesome

Awesome Member

How do you know whats balanced or complete if you haven't played the game yet?

Of course they're going to give you an older version game and put it on pro casual because they want to sell the game to little johnnies and non 2k players as well

Wait til the game comes out before saying stuff so far out there.

The demo is plenty of fun and you can play defense again much better than what was in 2k12

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

How is Lebron James overpowered? Isn't he overpowered in real life? I don't like in sports games when people say "It's too easy with Lebron James."

This guy was just raving about the game like a week ago after playing the full build. So much so Ronnie2k says something like "I feel like we've brainwashed you guys." he also says that this demo doesn't feel like what he's played recently.

8. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

Just pre-ordered. Can't wait.

9. Awesome

Awesome Member

He's mad because 2k took out crew mode... thats exactly when he went left field.

10. roksoer

roksoer Member

11. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

who was playing as the rockets loved to use patterson lol

12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

So what, he still has a point.

"Isn't he overpowered in real life?"
    What the F does that mean, the point is a skilled user can spin and bully people all day with Bron, score at will and dunk on multiple defenders while pushing all defenders. Guys like Bron and Westbrook are unstoppable if you use the right moves, you guys find all kinds of jack to defend 2k.

13. CoolColJ

CoolColJ Member

Xbox 360 and PS3 demo now online!

14. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-f_DPrSEOEo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. Jontro

Jontro Member

I loved this move in previous years where I'd draft some sucky, but tall, center. Then continuously give him practice and just kill everyone with the hop step. It's like a one man team.

16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The point is that Lebron is unstoppable in real life. He DOES score at will and dunk on people all the time, so having him that way in the game is frustrating, but it's how it should be. Lebron is one of the greatest players to ever play the game of basketball, so frankly I'm not really upset with whatever Lebron can do.

Granted, there's obviously going to be some cheap stuff that he's capable of, and that will be frustrating, but Lebron is dominant on the real court, and he should be dominant in 2K.

Hell...he was dominant in 2k11 and 2k12. That's just how it is. This isn't "defending 2K", but this is more just you have to temper your expectations. When you use the BEST PLAYER in the entire game, things are going to seem cheap. It's literally like that in every other video game on the market. But the fact of the matter is Lebron is dominant and he should be portrayed as dominant as well.

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

What point? Lebron James is cheese in real life, if they are making a simulation game then he should be so in the game as well. He's completely unfair and ungaurdable in real life. The best way to beat him in this game is pick another super team and counter him with Durant/Westbrook, Kobe, etc.

I just find the whole "He's so overpowered!" in sports games argument stupid. Lebron is overpowered in real life. Were they supposed to make it difficult for him to score? Dude scores at will in real life, that's true to life to me. therefore Lebron being overpowered in the game seems just right to me. Get back to me when you see Scalabrine spinning through the lane and throwing it down.

It seems like people are always looking for balance in these games and in the real leagues there is no balance. Especially in the NBA. If you pick the Rockets and your opponent picks the Lakers, there is a better chance at you getting smashed. Especially if the guy who picked the Lakers knows what he's doing.

Also when you take a player like Westbrook...whose only negative in real life is his mental decisions...then he's going to seem overpowered in the game as well. Funny thing is now that Westbrook is learning the mental aspect of the game he's getting better...plus he can shoot now that makes him a dangerous player. This is why players like Josh Smith are monsters in these games because you can play to his strengths, you can use him for the paint only and not have to worry about Josh Smith thinking he's Kevin Durant and taking jumpers every where and trying to cross people over as he tends to do in real life.

I don't know what 2k is supposed to do...tune these guys down? Take away some of Lebron's power/speed/skill just so he won't be overpowered? The problem is this is a game. It's easier to perform a spin dunk in the game than in real life. Therefore the user can just do it whenever and the moment you take that power away from the players they complain that they aren't in control of the player.

also....Almost every competitive game has players that find exploits. The only ones that do not are ones that have been patched over a period of years (and still people find exploits). Sports games don't have that luxury.

That's why many of us only play with friends or offline. Offline this game is going to be better than the last for me which is difficult to say since I just stopped playing 2k12 as of this month. Especially when you can tune up the difficulty and adjust sliders.

Also another thing is that they should have 12 minute simulation ranked games. This would definitely cut down on all that stuff. The Bronbabies are not the type to sit through 12 minute qtrs (they probably don't even watch full games) and if they were they wouldn't have any idea as to how to actually manage his fatigue.

All that said this is just a demo.

18. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

PERFECTLY SAID.

19. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Gentleman's rule: don't play with the Heat, Lakers or Thunder.

Jeeesh:eek: