1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA 2k11

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Htown's2kFinest, Sep 10, 2010.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The Demo was horrible.

Also the Devs were on the site Operationsports saying it was a 3 year plan or whatever so why do you want people to buy a beta? F that.

2. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

Did you use the Rockets at all? If you did, please tell me how well 2K did on the players jump shots and such. (AB's jumper was horrendous in 2K10, I hope they fixed it)

3. lionaire

lionaire Member

I was in great need of a new basketball simulation and after playing the NBA Elite demo(eww), I decided that 2K is the way to go. One thing I dislike about 2k though is that there's so many controls to learn in order to do simple things such as a spin move, alley oop, etc. I also hated the post-up game in 2k10, but they've seemed to have fixed it up in 2k11.

Also, I'm almost certain that a major retailer such as Gamestop/Bestbuy won't let you get an early copy of 2k11, but I suggest finding a local game/video store (3-D gaming, Katy Mills Mall).

Anyways...who's ready to get whored on by the Miami Heat online? :p

4. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

I want to get the game early SOOOO BAD!

5. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Wow, I might have to get it it. I love the My Player concept. and all the work they put into that part of the game sounds great! :cool:

6. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I don't really understand what is the breakthrough in NBA Elite. How are their controls significantly different from NBA 2K11?

7. Awesome

Awesome Member

Check the quotes

In a Nutshell

Quote:I think speaks volumes to the pride and dedication each member has towards delivering the most authentic simulation basketball experience possible. The goal for our team is very simple, deliver the absolute best game of basketball to our fans.

EA
    Quote:So we needed to try something different. Something innovative. Something to bring back fans who'd left, and appeal to basketball fans who don't play video games.

That is where the emphasis on control and a dynamic, unpredictable gameplay experience came from.

Focus on fun and control, to draw in the people who play drop in at the Y and dream about competing in the NBA, but don't play basketball games.

Before you ask, yes both are partial quotes but definitely in the mix of what the feelings of basketball fans are and why they're responding the way they are.

Thoughts?

8. Awesome

Awesome Member

Check the quotes

In a Nutshell

Quote:

EA
    Quote:

Before you ask, yes both are partial quotes but definitely in the mix of what the feelings of basketball fans are and why they're responding the way they are.

Thoughts?

9. rhino17

rhino17 Member

They are pretty different actually. 2k has the same controls, but Elite really tried something new. They put a lot of the player controls into the right analogue stick, particularly the dribbling and finishing around the rim stuff. It is actually an interesting idea and it works in the tutorial they give you in the demo. But once you get into a game mode, it is a disaster. It just doesn't work well or it is just very hard to get used to. But the rest of the controls are just bad. 2k has a very good and easy to use passing technique, while elite's is pretty poor. I think it has potential, but they did a pretty poor job at implementing it. It feels a lot like playing fifa on a basketball court imo. I was not a fan of the 2k demo either, but Elite failed on many levels.

10. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I've been a devoted 2ker, can't wait for this. I played 2K10 mainly for the My Player mode which was awesome but it got way too easy after my second year. Wondering what improvements they've made to it.

11. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

I just saw some pics for the Elite. Its the same story every year. It looks like all they did was scan the player face and just put that up on a body.

12. bigben998

bigben998 Member

Both demos suck. I played the hell out of 2k10 but Im so happy to have last years out of the way. Online was terrible. I almost switched to Live last year and that says a lot. All 2k has to do is add one feature each year and update controls and graphics and they will win. Elites controls were a good idea but like the poster above said, once you get in game its bad. I am just now getting used to it. They took away the run button and now its a pass button. You can always switch them back though. It used to be "cant wait for the new 2k" to now its "i wonder what flaws there will be this time". I will still buy it of course though.

13. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

2K11 Is freaking fantastic, if you are dedicated to learning the controls and actually played some high level of basketball... If you play it like an idiot, you will get idiot results...

14. Htown's2kFinest

My player mode on 2k11 won't be as easy as on 2k10 cause you can now change the difficulty and style you want it to be on. BTW that news about NBA Jam being sold separately is freaking great news. Don't have to get NBA Elite to play NBA Jam :grin:.

15. Awesome

Awesome Member

2k's controls are not the same, they changed alot of it up.. There are even some of Live 10's controls there, such as off the ball player selection, Right stick passing, sizeups but more in depth (you can size up in any direction now)...but anyhow

They revamped alot.. changed the spacing and adding real nba plays, and almost every mode and facet of the game was reworked.

The game is a monster all by itself it has so much depth.

16. ubigred

Anybody know of any places that will sell it early??

17. faraza84

faraza84 Member

ya im lookin for a place as well, if i find something ill def post. Theres a random no name game place near my house so hopefully i can convince them to sell it early

18. aggie87

aggie87 Member

I absolutely hated 2k10, it was so hard to play defense, I could never strip the ball like I could in 2k9 or rack up 4-5 blocks a game with Yao

I was horrible at 2k10, but love 2k9 to this day..can someone tell me how the game plays compared to 2k9 and 2k10??????

19. Htown's2kFinest

I been one of the best players on 2k since 2k8 and I'll be more than willing to give tips to improve your game for someone if they have a real spot I can call and get the game early.

20. ubigred

Fixed :grin: