1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

NBA 2k11

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Htown's2kFinest, Sep 10, 2010.

1. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Drafted by the Blazers. Me and Roy complemented each other well, Miller took a few questionable shots, but all was well. Then Corey Magette came... :mad:

I demanded a trade to Houston and am now starting for the Rockets.

33.4 PPG, 2.3 APG, 6.1 RPG, 1.3 SPG, 1.2 BPG, 46% FG, 96% FT, 43% 3PT... all in 21.2 MPG. ;)

I've won the last 5 out of six conference player of the week awards, the last 2 conference player of the month awards, and nobody can touch my Rookie of the Month award either.

Currently 2nd in the league among the MVP candidates (behind Kobe), and leading the league in ROY candidates.

However... I'm not even on the all-star ballot list. :mad:

2. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

What position do you play?

3. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I got the MVP, Rookie of the Year, all NBA 1st team, and Defensive 2nd team.

All in my rookie year. Game started out hard. But once I upped my speed etc. I could keep sneaking behind the defense... receive long passes and open fast break dunks.

Like Reddeadredption. I got all those awards, with just about every player of the week...a couple player of the months, and every rookie of the month/week (can't remember which it is).

BUT I didn't get in the Allstar game....not even for the rookie game. :confused:

4. heads.up

heads.up Member

Not sure if this has been brought up, or if any solutions have been posted but forgive me...

In the MyPlayer mode, I have a PG playing for the Spurs, now I downloaded the update 2 or 3 weeks ago and that is when I noticed that plays were called for you to run. Also.... every single time I end a game or a drill and I select "Quit Game", the game freezes on me?!?!? :confused: I have tried to empty the cache on the xbox to get rid of the patch and it is still freezing on me.

I haven't played in 3 weeks because of this, anyone having the same problems?

5. Disciple of RP

Disciple of RP Contributing Member

The game-play is great but I ultimately sold this game when I realized how messed up the franchise(?) mode was/is. Wish there was a total control ability like with The Show. It's tedious making trades for every team but at least you don't see franchise cornerstones being traded away within the first couple of months.

Have there been recent patches to address the franchise issues? I'd love to get this game again...sick of The Show at this point and Madden (as usual) blows.

6. RedRedemption

Shooting Guard. But because I'm playing the same position as Kevin Martin, I get bumped up to shooting guard sometimes. I also play a little bit of point for some reason...

7. da_juice

da_juice Member

Yeah, I hate having to turn off CPU trades because then it doesn't feel real, but if I don't then they pull all sorts of crazy trades like Reggie Williams for Dirk Nowitzki or something really redundant, like the Knicks trading for another power forward. Another thing is, I wish there was a way to stop the other teams from signing FAs. I made a created team with only free agents and intended to start a franchise. I did that but then the other teans signed the copies of my players! I wish there was an expansion team mode, where you get to pick a city, and a name, have an expansion draft, and build up the franchise. That be cool!

8. RedRedemption

The new patch addressed messed up CPU trade logic. All trades henceforth should now be reasonable...

9. Htown's2kFinest

ANyone here bought the new NBA Jam for the 360? Any holiday deals for it?

10. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Need some friends to play with online PS3.

User name is xxstackxx

Thanks!

11. Sym0™

Sym0™ Member

My natural position is point guard but I imagine because of Russel Westbrook I get shifted to the 2 guard. Honestly thought it happens way too often. And has anyone been winning on my player. I mean come on, I pass it to Kevin durant, who is open for the 3, he Always misses it, or he stops, waits for the D to catch up, and then chucks up a bad shot. None of your team mates make open looks, its ridiculous while the CPU is just doing all sorts of 360 fade-aways from the promise land. *Loud angry venting noises* :mad:

/Rant

12. ShadowProphet

ShadowProphet Member

Is there a way to have the current roster but overwrite injured players? Like, have the current roster but re-activate brooks and yao as if uninjured?

13. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

I was averaging over 33 PPG in Myplayermode till the awful patch came out making my team call a play every possession.

Did they even fix it yet?

14. RedRedemption

Yeah, haha. Currently on a 18-game winning streak with the Houston Rockets.
    2nd best record in the NBA with 41-18, just behind the Hawks who are 42-18 (WTF? :confused: ).

Let me tell you, Yao is straight up UNSTOPPABLE. I just pass the ball in his general direction and I pick up an easy assist.

15. keeyanballa08

keeyanballa08 Member

About to finally pick one of these up now that finals are done.

Anyone know where they are having good deals for this? (PS3 btw)

16. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Does anybody know of a good league on PS3?

Are there any leagues out there people actually play? If not we should start one!

PSN: JSLLC

17. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

...ebay

18. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Anyone play with PS3 move?

I have both motion controllers. How's it feel?

19. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Gonna add you guys on the PS3 version. I have to say if you don't play this game a decent amount you really can't get good. I am still struggling online against people.

Especially with the Rockets. I can't get K Mart shot going. I have practiced in freestyle but damn his release is so quick.

20. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

I'm on the Bulls, and I'm sorry, but frickin Kyle Korver cannot shoot a three to save his life. He's currently shooting sub-30% from behind the arc. less than 30%, and most of my passes to him are when he's wide open! Also, the game seems to vastly underrate Derrick Rose, in the my player mode he can't drive nor does he take a single three pointer. Boozer is surprisingly good, and Noah is a beast on D, averaging 11 boards and 2.5 blocks. And Luol Deng is having a terrible year due to my ballhogging, 13 points and 5 rebounds per game :grin: