1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA 2k11

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Htown's2kFinest, Sep 10, 2010.

1. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

I never play online and I'm always on operationsports trying to find and understand the sliders. Been doing that with Madden this year. Once you got the sliders like you like them, I thought 2K10 played REALLY well.

Sliders are huge in my book.

2. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

I always play online . Hopefully this year I can rank in the top 50. I wish the online system was like Madden. I hate playing random scrubs.

3. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I'm sorry I'm not a nerd :grin: and all but WTF are sliders?

4. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I heard the demo only lets you play as Lakers...

wtf 2K??

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

You are my kind of guy! I spend most of my time with my NCAA dynasty, fantasy football, and work so I have trouble keeping up with 2k. If you could keep me in the loop with your impressions and who to follow in terms of sliders I would be grateful. Just update this thread or whatever. Ill send rep your way.

6. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

[​IMG]

7. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

same here, I can't play vs the CPU anymore because it's not the same. Plus online the competition is better...on the downside though that means that I can't really get into the franchise mode anymore because the actual games just aren't as fun.

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Demo's always use the last two finals teams.

Thx, RoxSqaud, but why can't you just change the settings manualy on the settings section? Are those custom type settings?

9. Blunt

Blunt Member

I hope the my player is more in depth, FIFA allows you to upload a picture(s) and it sculpts out your virtual you from the photos it's crazy. Hope to see this feature in many video games to come.

10. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Lakers played the Lakers in the NBA finals last year?

11. Blunt

Blunt Member

Who would have the better game out of artest or ariza?

12. Poloshirtbandit

It's so the game plays the way you want it to play. Some people prefer a more defensive type of game while some people want to see more scoring. People come up with sliders so the game plays about as close to real basketball as possible.

Personally I hate dealing with sliders. I just want to play the game.

13. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

just played the demo...Kobe is unmissable with in this game. I can score with him anytime I want. His shot is automatic and if I drive I will always get a foul called.

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Demo kind of sucked IMO - PS3.

15. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Demo is on easy mode...

16. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Just played the demo last night, anyone else think this? Apart from the presentation and roster, it feels like the same game as NBA2k10. I don't know if it's worth dropping $65 for anymore and I've been buying NBA2k opening day for the last 4 years.

17. Htown's2kFinest

That's what I thought when I first tried it. But after a couple of go arounds I'm convince this will be most best 2k sim ever. The game is so much smoother. From being able to control the type of layups, dunks, and shots you want and the sheer number of combinations you can do, it's almost all up to your imagination once you learn the controls. The new post-up and up and unders are great, plus a player's momentum and player's contact on the court is as real as its ever been. There's so many signature moves it's crazy.

Here's a video mix of Kobe doing work on the demo.
    <object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-e-iLbpRmtQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-e-iLbpRmtQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

18. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

The fact that they took out the canned animations and made everything more controllable, is one reason why I'm getting this game.

19. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I loved the My Player mode in 2k10...the idea of it was cool. The implementation was awful. Sooo many bugs.

Honestly, don't think I'll be getting this one. Unless it's on sale for cheap. 2k10 was terrible. Turned me off from playing 2k....

20. Htown's2kFinest

yeah they made it to where you can break out of almost any animation. i can't want to test out the new 'Sim' slider setting.

here's another video of just some of the the things you can pull off with kobe on the demo. I like this one better than the other vid. the moves are just insane.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jk40oh-pNEQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jk40oh-pNEQ?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>