1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA 2k11

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Htown's2kFinest, Sep 10, 2010.

1. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

$60 is the norm now...

2. Htown's2kFinest

ok

pm on the board if one of ya knows of a place.

3. Htown's2kFinest

Czar's got another vid coming out soon. I here it's gonna be the Jazz. :mad:

anyway y'all seen the controls trailer?
    AB makes a cameo.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7k2EpdcTKVE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7k2EpdcTKVE?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

It's an early build but on the video I can tell AB already has differents iso moves like his behind the back crossover. hoping they fixed his shot tho.

4. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I'm going to get this and fifa 11, hopefully there are some nice deals when you buy 2 games this fall.

5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So how long until this starts popping up on torrent sites? ;)

6. Rockets1988-

Rockets1988- Member

after nba comes out, check toys r us. Alot of times they have deals where you buy 1 get 1 50% off.

7. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

Same here, can't wait for these two

8. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Definitely getting this game.. 2K11

But is Fifa really that good? I have Fifa09 and I thought it kinda sucked actually... I can score AT WILL doing the same TRICK and had games end 17-0 with the computer getting NO SHOTs off. Also it is ridiculously impossible to score long shots but when I spring past the defender on a break away I can score everytime as long as I time it correctly, basically if I shoot from right inside the penalty box it will go in EVERY TIME.

Isn't PES (Winning Eleven) more realistic?? Not to hijack the thread but please briefly tell me why Fifa is so great?

9. Hayden_SFC

Hayden_SFC Member

I might get this game, and start gaming again.
    I used to play 2K all the time, back to the Dreamcast days.
    But I haven't touched a game console since 2006.

10. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Pretty close to avoiding 2K. Last two games weren't up to my expectations. They were cheap (on PC anyway), but I think I'll probably skip it until I know they've improved. And 2K10 was beyond horrible. Not so much the design or anything, but just how incomplete it was. It was a disgrace that they put that game out in such a state. If they actually spent some time polishing the game and tweaking some things, could be pretty good.

11. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

The PC version was crap from the start and had horrible support from 2K. The console versions were better.

12. RC Cola

No, I'm talking about both versions. Same flaws and bugs on both. They got fixed quicker on consoles, but they were there too.

I even played it after some of the fixes, and still not really all that great.

edit: And actually, PC was better in a way because you could at least patch some of those things yourself (e.g., adjusting minutes in My Player).

13. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

If you wait til Christmas its usually 10 bucks cheaper.

And if you wait til the summer you can get it for half the price. Thats what I've been doing for the last 2 years.

14. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I loved 2K10. With Slider adjustments, I thought it was by far the best basketball experience ever.

I don't go online much, though...

15. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Was Live10 any better?

16. RC Cola

I didn't check it out, but I doubt it. I'd probably rather play a buggy NBA 2K.

17. eeeZZY

eeeZZY Member

This game is going to be great. Can't wait. We should somehow gather all the clutchfans together to play against each other.

18. legend215

legend215 Contributing Member

The new Czar vid for the Lakers is up. The Triangle is gonna be frikkin sick! I wonder if we'll see more off ball movement in the Rockets offense

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bAK7Sm6fjeU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bAK7Sm6fjeU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

19. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Demo was just released this morning on Xbox.. not sure bout PS3. The game is pretty amazing... I'm liking it so far. I will have to get used to it though because it a tad bit different than 2k10.

20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I am a huge 2K fan. Convert from Live which I stopped playing in 01 I believe. But I skipped out on last year. I wont buy this year until they get patches out and the community comes up with a great consensus solution for sliders. Once that happens I will try and make sure to buy. Nobody here at CF seems to be big on sliders, y'all are all online types... makes me sad.