1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA 2k11...Classic Jordan Mode

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by JayGoogle, Jul 22, 2010.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

For any one that plays the game, would like to give you a heads up on what it is bringing you this year...

http://community.2ksports.com/community/insights/

I think it is a tragic mistake that the Knicks are in this game, yet it is unknown if the Classic Rockets are...left out again Houston. The video looks awesome, and it would be sweet to play with Hakeem the Dream.

2. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Well, I don't think MJ had many, if any, defining moments against the Rockets. Probably why they're not one of the teams listed. But they still could be unlockable perhaps.

3. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Pre-ordered this baby... can't wait to dominate in this thing.

4. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

well....****

5. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

They put the ****ing Jazz in there? :vomit:

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I hope they are unlockable. It would really suck that everyone else would have to pay for it instead.

I think the best part about it all though is you can use those teams in any of the modes, even association. It would be fun to make a association with all the great teams throughout the years I think.

7. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

Looks like the Rockets didn't make the list. FML

[​IMG]

8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Its strictly teams that Jordan faced in the playoffs or had famous battles with. Atlanta is in there because of the Jordan vs 'Nique matchup.

I guess the Rockets consistently kicking the Bulls' ass in the early 90s didn't grab enough headlines.

9. Salvy

Salvy Member

Chase Budinger does not approve.....

[​IMG]

10. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

we need to harass the 2k developers about putting the Rockets into the game.

11. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

Someone scrounge up an email address so that the Power of ClutchFans can be unleashed in the form of angry email diatribes about the dominance of the Houston Rockets over MJ and the Bulls.

How those bastards can do this "legendary lineup" crap and leave out back-to-back champions gets my shorts all twisted up.

1 person likes this.
  12. Rasselas

Rasselas Contributing Member

Before we approach their homes with torches, look at that list.

Late 80s Cavs. 95' Knicks. (When Jordan dropped 55 in one of his first games back.) The Jazz that Jordan beat in the Flu Game.

These are all teams that Jordan had confrontations with, no more, no less. It's not meant to be a hierarchy of 90s powerhouses.

The biggest omission, really, is the '93 Suns.

I don't have a problem with this.

13. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

Some teams don't make it because 2K has to get every player under contract that is not currently in the NBA, I believe.

14. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Those teams are on the list, because Chicago dominated them, Jordan never truly dominated the rockets, so thats the reason you dont see Houston there!

Or other reason would be because the rockets (especially in 93-94 and 94-95) would beat them every time. (in a simulation mode) :cool:

and that feature is to praise Jordan so if you destroy the Bulls with the rockets everytime, than that feature doesnt make any sense.

15. Htown's2kFinest

they may not have the old rockets team but I'm pretty sure they'll still have Hakeem and Clyde on the game like on 2k10.

16. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

I care not.

[​IMG]

17. BoomTown

BoomTown Member

How could they leave out the big H.

this angers me... :mad: