1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NBA 2 Coach Challenges per half next season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by deb4rockets, Mar 24, 2016.

?

Which would you like to see in the NBA?

Poll closed Mar 31, 2016.
  1. 3 Coach Challenges per game

7 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. 2 Coach Challenges per half

5 vote(s)
    35.7%
  3. No Challenges

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What the NBA needs next season is to have Coaches challenges they can use per half to review ANYTHING they feel is a game changing call. Why not? We know refs can't see everything and players use that to their advantage. We all know that certain players can't touch anyone without drawing fouls and yet can get bombarded at the rim every time they try to shoot without drawings foul. A flop drawing a foul in a crucial game winning moment is common, and flopping to get key players in foul trouble is common.

Some say it's all part of the game, but it always drives me crazy when obvious mistakes make and break a team's outcome. I've always wondered how coaches don't pull their hair out with frustration at some of the officiating, especially in the playoffs. There is nothing worse than tic-tackle fouls turned into flagrant, or flagrant fouls completely not seen. Twice last night I saw our players grabbed and thrown to the ground out of bounds to keep them away from the basket, and the refs turned a blind eye.

People say it will make the game too long. How is that even possible when we have commercial breaks every 5 minutes? I just don't get it!

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

has no one shown deb where the dish is?

3. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

Misleading title is misleading

noice clickb8 m8

4. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I changed it to a poll.

5. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

What's that supposed to mean?

6. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Have the replay center override bad calls. Seriously you have guys there that have great angles and replays that can be played in slow motion and rewinded and yet you let some whistle happy referee with no direct line of vision to the play, trailing the play by 50 feet, blow the whistle like a moron all night.

7. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

I voted for the 3 challenges...but its yet another thing that will cause the game to drag out even longer.

8. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Means this is more "general NBA" related than it is "Rockets Game Action and Roster Moves" related.

I agree, but I'd rather see first they go to 4 refs with 2 staying by the goals..especially since they've already changed the rules and culture to make the game so much faster and high scoring.

9. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Oh, sorry about that. I shouldn't have posted it here. I thought about the 4 refs too, and think it should help, but sometimes I really wonder.

10. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Well they have a million commercial breaks already, so they could just show the commercials during any challenges.