1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

National TV schedule for 2nd round

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket2008, Apr 30, 2015.

Tags:
  1. alcatrazpsycho

CDT... daylight savings, yo.

But yes, 99.9% sure it's central time, second game of TNT doubleheader.

2. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

You'll still likely get Breen on an ESPN game.

3. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Hubie is just kind of demented due to his age, which is okay. Do people in here crack hard on their parents or grandparents due to some dementia? Just let it slide until it gets real bad...

4. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I heard Spero Dedes on TNT yesterday for the first time since this summer's FIBA tourney. I'd love to hear more of him and Chris Webber

5. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

i guess i fall in line with not caring much at all who does the games. im focused on the bball to really care what they say. i do enjoy listening to jvg or marv albert. but otherwise i dont really feel negative to any of them.

6. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

The only thing I don't like is that Games 1-6 are "every other day", the only time they will get that extra day would be for a potential Game 7.

7. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

If it was Tirico, JVG, and Jackson (like when we won at LAC on that Sunday Afternoon ABC game), I would be fine with that.

8. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

That's actually a good thing if we face San Antonio since they're old as dirt(aside from Kawhi, Green, and Mills). And it wouldn't be such a bad thing with the Clippers either because of their lack of depth. Paul and Griffin looked exhausted in the 4th quarter the other night. When Griffin's getting beat down the floor by a 39 year-old Duncan, something ain't right.

9. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Why does the GS/Mem series have a long break between G2 and G3, while we play every other day?

10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I like the later starts at 8:30. Those two Rockets home game starts had a MUCH more lively crowd than game 5. Those 7pm local time starts are just too early. I am sure people are still eating dinner.

11. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Will they also be televised on the home network Root ?!

I cant stand the TNT crews , rather listen to the home town crew ....

12. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

sorry for the placement of this question, but are we confirmed to have home court if we play Clippers?

I didn't know Division winner gets home court in a head to head tie.

13. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

Yes it is official. Game 1 and 2 are @Rockets, no matter who wins the LAC/SAS series. http://www.nba.com/rockets/rockets-second-round-schedule

Seed tie breaker rule is used to determine both playoff seeds, as well as home court advantage. Rockets has home court advantage over both LAC and SAS. That's why there are the #2 seeds in the west.

14. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

^ Just to add, the only teams we will NOT have HCA against are the Warriors and Hawks

15. AstroMechPLZ

AstroMechPLZ Member

Because our series is starting later due to Clippers/SA being a competitive series.

16. slickricky

slickricky Contributing Member

I read something somewhere that if the Spurs close out tonight the game can move up to Sunday...

17. Asian Sensation

Harlan and Albert >>> everyone

Who's the guy on NBA TV ? He's pretty good too.. Don't know his name but he was Play by Play commentator and his voice and tone was very capturing.

18. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

Great point, I pointed that one out because that would mean that we wouldn't have much practice time during the series. But Thank You for pointing that out to me. you're 100% correct.

19. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

That's not true...the GS/MEM series will start on Sunday (on ABC), and the league doesn't want both West Semifinal series' to be played on the same weeknight, unless it's a potential Game 7 (both are scheduled for Sun 05/17/2015)