1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nate Wolters

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Old Man Rock, May 9, 2013.

1. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Like this kid. If AB doesn't come back a 3rd PG is needed. Not sure I would pick him but he has skils that are almost immediately transferable to the NBA. People will say he is slow and he is but watch him play against a fast Washington team with Ross and Wroten. He still gets it done. The kid know how to score , has a complete aesenal, 3pt shooting pullup midrange game, floaters in the lane. And that's the thing, he knows how to get his shot off in almost every circumstance and plays smart. He plays smart and simple. He shoots threes at a high rate especially considering a lot maybe most of his threes are dribble pop and not setup. If he gets set 3's I expect his percentages to go over 40. Again not sure if I would take him because he is slow but he is crafty and has a quick first step and great handles. Reminds me of a better skilled Jeremy Lin but a little slower. If we need a PG definitely worth a look. He fits are style of play and I would pick him over Lorenzo Brown who is fast but his skillset suck and he is older.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8XYRK61RfHo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Here's his workout. Great work ethic. Funny leadin.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UgLQOxh26iE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Something else to note is against Michigan they knew he was their only real star and they shut him down with Hardaway Burke and Robinson going at him all night long and they did stop him on traps and double teams. All of his shot were contested. But on the other side SDS didn't have the luxury to double Burke and Nate pretty much played burke one on one and shut him down. His coach said after the game, "We knew he (Burke) was frustrated. I could see it in his body language in the first half. Nate's a tremendous defender and he doesn't get much credit for it, but he did a good job." He doesn't have enough speed or length IMO to be a tremendous defender in the NBA but he might not be the liability that many claim. Which makes him a better prospect than Jimmer.

#1 Old Man Rock, May 9, 2013
    Last edited: May 9, 2013
  2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I like Nate. More as a shooting guard though.

3. ChandlerBANG

ChandlerBANG Member

I approve. Let's get this guy.

4. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Ha! A little late. The Rockets should hire me. I would work for free.

5. Andrew Wiggins

Good call but you could have bumped this thread 2weeks into the regular season :)