1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nate Williams

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, Oct 19, 2023.

1. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Yeah I forgot about Dipo and Earl. I'd rather keep Williams on a 2-way and Earl and get rid of Boban, but I really don't care that much. Bullock has been trash. I sure hope he picks it up.

Dankstronaut, roslolian and Imanimal like this.
  2. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

This guy needs to make this team.

3. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Yeah he really does. If this is a meritocracy he's earned his place. Lot of heart in this kid, I'd keep him over some of the other benchwarmers for sure.

4. roslolian

roslolian Member

None of the other bench dudes have made an impression on me. I know Rox have guaranteed money but at the end of the day those contract values are immaterial. Williams has outplayed every other bench 2way we have he should stay on the team.

5. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Looks like he made the team based on his entering the dress rehearsal in the 4th…

daywalker02, Rokman and Rustyrig like this.
  6. Rokman

Rokman Member

One can only hope. He just gets it done on the court. No show boating and childishness. Of course I'm talking about Jeenathan Williams, not Nate Hinton. Don't know who this Nate Williams character is y'all made up. Lol

#26 Rokman, Oct 21, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2023
    ashleyem, rhee and Dobbizzle like this.
  7. JW86

JW86 Member

He was great once again, he’s strong, steady and just that Tari like hustle.

8. eman

eman Contributing Member

He's done nothing but impress. Keeper.

I'm still rooting for Hinton, Hudgins, and Mayer.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Mayer is cut, it was not a big announcement but happened.

Sucks to be the guy who is standing in for Oladipo who would not play. But I guess business.

10. CertifiedTroll

Just watch some Reno 911 if you miss seeing Mayer.
    [​IMG]

eman likes this.
  11. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Thought we’d see some JRE as well. Does he even get a shot to make the roster? It appears the 15th spot is between Vic, JRE, and Williams.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

As long as he is healthy I guess, they will keep him until a trade can happen for a bigger name.

13. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

Why does the thread title not start with "I've seen enough..."?

BamBam, heypartner and Williamson like this.
  14. charlieaustin

charlieaustin Contributing Member

Oladipo should retire.

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

Though Oladipo is out while trying to come back from a torn left patella tendon, the Rockets are expected to keep him on the roster either as a late-season addition or as a trade piece.

The Rockets have the maximum of three players signed to two-way contracts – Samuels, Darius Days and Trevor Hudgins – but forward Nate Williams is virtually certain to land one of those spots.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/te...ouston-rockets-waive-nate-hinton-18440146.php

16. JW86

JW86 Member

LOL @ Oladipo. Hudgins or Days should be cut then.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  17. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Solid outlining.

Feels like they are chasing a sunk cost with Porter if they decide to keep Oladipo. I really can't imagine the return for him is better than a young man like Williams coming in and earning his place. I think the right thing to do is pay Oladipo the bucks, let him off the contract and move on with the guy who impressed in camp.

Same for Samuels. He reminds me of PJ Tucker. I'm not keeping Boban over him. Why? Boban is a sideshow and I want the best 15 possible.

My 15

FVV - Amen - Holliday
    Green - Bullock - Whitmore
    Brooks - Tate - Williams
    Smith - Eason - Samuels
    Sengun - Jeff - Landale

18. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Days should be cut. Is it that simple or once he’s been signed to a two way you can’t switch it up. Otherwise can they just cut Days and stick Williams in his spot???

19. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Days should be cut. Is it that simple or once he’s been signed to a two way you can’t switch it up. Otherwise can they just cut Days and stick Williams in his spot???
    Like your lineup but we need to keep Boban over Samuals as we’re too short and there are times against Wembeya and others where spot minutes will be necessary.

20. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Boban can barely get down the court. The only minutes he's good for are garbage time minutes on a tank team. He would be a sheep for Wembanyama to slaughter.