1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NASA] Privatizing Space Expeditions

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by heypartner, Dec 14, 2012.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

How is it that Hollywood makes corporations like Gattaca Aerospace Corporation and Weyland Corporation (Prometheus) look so evil, but this image is inevitably viewed as OK?

Should we do it -- i.e., Government controlled NASA (as usual) but with Sponsorships? haha

And what other corporations would you expect to buy Ad space on the Rockets. "Yoo hoo...Les Alexander...buy a fathead of Lin to place on one of the rockets"

[​IMG]

2. Pringles

Pringles Member

Nothing wrong with that IMO. Hopefully those funds go directly to NASA because its not like as if their funds have been slashed.

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

Why isn't there a Houston Rockets logo on that?

4. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

I think this would be a better use of money than some ads. Pretty sure they have the funds to do this.

[​IMG]

5. SunsRocketsfan

blow up the moon into a apple shape? but only a few days of the month will they be able to see the full logo

6. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

Cause it's a shuttle, duh!

7. LC Rox Fan

LC Rox Fan Member

As long as they are receiving extra funding for more missions, go for it. I fully expect there to be "affordable" trips to the moon I can take before I die.

8. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

http://www.penny4nasa.org/

9. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Only problem i can potentially see for the future is this

Nasa receives advertisement funds to build rocket for something in particular

Nasa gets used to that corporate money coming in and doesn't want to lose those extra funds

Companies have power and say-so in swaying Nasa as to what they would like them to do/projects to do next in order for them to be interested in being their sponsers and giving them that extra money

And people who don't see the problem with that are blind

10. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Two dildos, one shuttle? :confused:

11. heypartner

Two ... You don't see that big dildo in the middle? That's where we want the Lin fathead with Rockets logo.

12. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

years ago when I worked at SAIC.. a coworker and I were talking about privatization and he mentioned rumours of a space lottery. At the time I thought.. that it sounded like a great idea to raise funds. It wouldn't affect regular lottery players since they ain't looking for a trip to space. heh That's one lottery ticket I'd buy every paycheck. Because at the end of the day.. no matter what bar your at.. chances are no one's going to top your story, well unless Buzz Aldrin's drinking at the same bar. Closest I've got was dated the daughter of a cosmonaut for a couple years in college. I also fondled the imax camera once. (which he took up on sts63) :grin:

13. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

You would have to pay Comcast to view the launch.

14. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

or just watch the crappy bootleg feed with all the ads that are impossible to close out correctly without a million other windows popping up. :)

15. heypartner

Haha

My big claim to fame is kissing the rockets championship trophy. The real deal

16. B

B Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2Sar5WT76kE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

17. heypartner

Omg. B appears out of nowhere with an awesome vid. I love the internets. Must share this

18. B

B Contributing Member

My wife showed this to me last night and asked if it was already on Clutchfans. After a couple of searches, I didn't see anything, so I thought dropping it in one of the current NASA threads would be better than creating a new one.