1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Nail biting

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Apollo Creed, Jun 17, 2008.

1. Summer Song Giver

I bit my nails growing up, still do at times though I don't bite them till they bleed and hurt anymore. Anyways, you'll sometimes find yourself biting before you even realize you're doing it and if you were like me, you feel the need to finish biting that particular nail but the key is to stop once you realize you're biting. It will be hard because you'll know that the job isn't finished so to speak. Do that along with stopping consciously biting and you can stop and then, instead of spending time biting you can spend idle time cleaning dirt out from under your new nails. Seriously just stop biting them and if you catch yourself doing it without realizing stop now, go get clippers and clip the "unfinished" bits but all it takes is an effort not to bite them.

2. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

Maybe you need to learn how to wipe your ...? Oh wait, you have a baby right? ;) Anyways, I think it is disgusting.

3. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Well, I have noticed, in my new favorite habit (thanks OP! -- what a great thread!), that nail biting is particularly wonderful a few hours after, say, eating a big plate of BBQ ribs.

4. Roxfan73

Roxfan73 Rookie

Also, don't be afraid to try other people's nails! You would be surprised how different diets can affect the taste and texture. Leery of asking your friends and family? No problem - just ask a stranger at a bus stop for a sample.

5. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

She's a doo doo head, her mouth stank!